|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sunshine exclaim that it is 'a ladder house'?
(a) The external fire escape looks like a ladder.
(b) She sees the scaffolding all over it.
(c) In the poor light, the widow panes look like ladders.
(d) There is a ladder to the attic.
2. The shag is an alternative word for which bird?
(a) The Mother Carey's chicken.
(b) The albatross.
(c) The cormorant.
(d) The puffin.
3. How is Agnis Hamm related to Quoyle's father?
(a) She is his brother's wife.
(b) She is his second cousin.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his ex-wife.
4. What happens to Nutbeem's bicycle?
(a) Tert Card rides it into the woods, chasing the Hairy Devil.
(b) Diddy Shovel throws it into the bay.
(c) Diddy Shovel steals it.
(d) Quoyle steals it.
5. What creature does Quoyle see when he is clearing trash?
(a) A Minke whale.
(b) A Southern Right whale.
(c) An albatross.
(d) A moose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Identify the type of figurative language used in: 'sunset like a flock of birds on fire'.
2. What is seemingly the identity of the corpse Quoyle found?
3. Which of Quoyle's jobs are listed on the first page of the novel?
4. What other strange occurrence is mentioned?
5. Who is poor at keeping secrets?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)