|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the McGonigle Oil Field?
(a) In Hudson Bay.
(b) Between Ireland and northern Canada.
(c) Under the Grand Banks.
(d) Twenty kilometres from Killick-Claw.
2. Whose ancestor resorted to cannibalism?
(b) Jack Buggit's.
(c) Billy Pretty's.
3. What used to cause thousands of wrecks per year?
(c) The Quoyles.
4. How old was the harbor-master when he first went to sea?
5. What job did Quoyle's father have?
(a) Clothing buyer for Wal-Mart.
(b) Hardware manager in a supermarket.
(c) Produce manager in a supermarket.
(d) Hardware buyer at Macy's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Quoyle decide to take the boat to Killick-Claw?
2. What does Wavey notice in Archie Sparks' yard?
3. What is part of the managing editor's job?
4. What do Quoyle and Bunny think about going back to New York?
5. Of which type of figurative language is this an example: 'The bay was an aluminum tray dotted with paper boats.'?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)