|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of the word 'atavistic'?
(b) Reversion to an earlier type.
(c) Primitive and ignorant.
(d) Being unable to speak.
2. Who is responsible for the Home News Page?
(a) Cyrus Nutbeam.
(b) Billy Pretty.
(c) Tom Pretty.
3. Why does Billy go to the clinic?
(a) To have his prostate checked.
(b) To flirt with the nurses.
(c) To do a course in first aid.
(d) To visit Carl.
4. What happened at Perdition Cove?
(a) A boat sank.
(b) A boat blew up.
(c) A shop caught fire.
(d) There was a specacular car wreck.
5. What novel provides the inspiration for Borogrove, Nutbeem's boat?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The Daughter of Time.
(c) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
(d) The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as a 'gelatinous horror'?
2. Which of Quoyle's jobs are listed on the first page of the novel?
3. After whom did the aunt name her dog?
4. Why is Dawn keen to use the electric typewriter?
5. What is a clove hitch?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)