|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man in the dory doing?
(b) Inspecting lobster pots.
(c) Inspecting whelk pots.
(d) Diving for abolone.
2. What is Tert Card's reaction to Quoyle's piece about oil tankers?
(a) He is furious, tears it up and punches Quoyle in the face.
(b) He is annoyed, but grudgingly publishes it.
(c) He thinks it is a good joke.
(d) He is furious, rewrites it, then goes and gets drunk.
3. Quoyle is appalled about what?
(a) The number of American sex offenders in Newfoundland.
(b) The number of sex offenders coming to court.
(c) The number of local murders.
(d) The dreadful weather in Newfoundland.
4. Why is it claimed that biologists have visited the Tough Baby?
(a) To inspect a new species of squid.
(b) To use the boat as a base for tagging Minke whales.
(c) To collect the rare marine specimens collected.
(d) To view the numerous carvings of animals and birds that decorate it.
5. After whom did the aunt name her dog?
(a) Beatrice Warren.
(b) Warren Beatty.
(c) Warren hastigs.
(d) Irene Warren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Quoyle slows his boat down quickly?
2. What is a synonym for 'mortification'?
3. What function did Misky Bay fulfill during the war?
4. What is the distinctive feature of the Quoyle house?
5. Of which type of figurative language is this an example: 'The bay was an aluminum tray dotted with paper boats.'?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)