|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it claimed that biologists have visited the Tough Baby?
(a) To view the numerous carvings of animals and birds that decorate it.
(b) To inspect a new species of squid.
(c) To use the boat as a base for tagging Minke whales.
(d) To collect the rare marine specimens collected.
2. What problem did the newsprint carrier have?
(a) A drunken captain.
(b) A fire in the galley.
(c) A leaky throstle.
(d) A fire in the engine room.
3. Who is responsible for the Home News Page?
(a) Billy Pretty.
(b) Cyrus Nutbeam.
(c) Tom Pretty.
4. Which of Quoyle's jobs are listed on the first page of the novel?
(a) Greeting card writer, bell-hop at a hotel, all-night clerk at a convenience store.
(b) Rope-maker and knot-tester, cab driver, third-rate journalist.
(c) Distributer of vending machine candy, all-night clerk in a convenience store, third-rate journalist.
(d) Bell-hop at a hotel, third-rate journalist, traveling salesman.
5. At the motel, what does Quoyle buy for his daughters?
(a) Cuddly bears.
(b) Wind-up penguins.
(d) Stuffed penguins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the packet of money posted?
2. Where is the McGonigle Oil Field?
3. Why does Quoyle think he might have to take Wavey to the prairies?
4. Where had the Quoyles originally settled?
5. Whose ancestor resorted to cannibalism?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)