|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to stories, how was the Quoyle house brought to its present location?
(a) Cut into sections and moved in by barge.
(b) Cut in half and moved by road train.
(c) Prefabricated in Montreal and trucked in bit by bit.
(d) Dragged across the ice.
2. Why did Carl's hair turn white?
(a) He was terrified by the ghosts of nineteenth century sealers.
(b) He had a close encounter with a giant squid or octopus.
(c) All his family went white in their thirties.
(d) He was frightened by a moose.
3. What maritime connections does Quoyle have?
(a) His grandfather was a sea-captain.
(b) His grandfather was a sealer.
(c) His father was a sealer.
(d) He was born at sea.
4. Who buys sea urchin roe?
(a) The Indonesians.
(b) The Japanese.
(c) The Pacific Islands.
(d) The French.
5. What is Tert Card's reaction to Quoyle's piece about oil tankers?
(a) He is annoyed, but grudgingly publishes it.
(b) He thinks it is a good joke.
(c) He is furious, tears it up and punches Quoyle in the face.
(d) He is furious, rewrites it, then goes and gets drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creature does Quoyle see when he is clearing trash?
2. In what way is a nip important to a knot?
3. The bay's appearance on the map is shown as . . .
4. Which people are described as wild, inbred half-wits and murderers?
5. What color is Mavis' hair?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)