|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Tea Buns?
(a) Aunt Agnis's rock cakes.
(b) Submerged rocks.
(c) A local word for migrating gannets.
(d) A special cake served in England.
2. Who used skin boats?
(a) The French.
(b) The Inuit.
(c) The Quoyles.
(d) The pioneers.
3. Why does Quoyle remove the pens from his shirt?
(a) They get in the way.
(b) They are sharp.
(c) They are leaking.
(d) They have been sticking into him.
4. Who does Sunshine call 'that yucky man'?
(a) Tert Card.
(b) Jack Buggit.
(c) Billy Pretty.
5. What prompts Quoyle to make another vow to lose weight?
(a) His need to impress Wavey.
(b) His doctor.
(c) His corduroy trousers are tight.
(d) His boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Identify the type of figurative language used in: 'sunset like a flock of birds on fire'.
2. What does the aunt do with her brother's ashes?
3. What landscape feature triggers the aunt's memories?
4. What is part of the managing editor's job?
5. How is Quoyle's routine described?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)