|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injuries did Dennis sustain during the storm crisis on The Polar Grinder?
(a) Both legs were broken.
(b) His right arm and left leg were broken.
(c) Both arms were broken.
(d) He fractured his skull and right arm.
2. What maritime connections does Quoyle have?
(a) He was born at sea.
(b) His grandfather was a sealer.
(c) His grandfather was a sea-captain.
(d) His father was a sealer.
3. How old was the harbor-master when he first went to sea?
4. Whose ancestor resorted to cannibalism?
(b) Jack Buggit's.
(c) Billy Pretty's.
5. What complicates the family's stay at the motel?
(a) Quoyle accidentally locks himself in the bathroom.
(b) They become locked in their room.
(c) The aunt gets drunk.
(d) People complain about the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the motel, what does Quoyle buy for his daughters?
2. For how many years was Quoyle married to Petal?
3. What is the distinctive feature of the Quoyle house?
4. Why does Petal telephone Quoyle from Montgomery?
5. Who buys sea urchin roe?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)