|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Quoyle benefit from Petal's death?
(a) He has Petal's insurance money and a house in Florida.
(b) He gets to keep the car.
(c) Her insurance money makes him a millionaire.
(d) He has sole care of the children and he has Petal's insurance money.
2. Petal tells Mrs Moosup she will leave the little girls in . . .
(a) Moose Lake
3. Identify the type of figurative language used in: 'sunset like a flock of birds on fire'.
(a) This is personification.
(b) This is a simile.
(c) This is a metaphor.
(d) This is metonymy.
4. What job did Quoyle's father have?
(a) Hardware buyer at Macy's.
(b) Clothing buyer for Wal-Mart.
(c) Produce manager in a supermarket.
(d) Hardware manager in a supermarket.
5. Which character 'sleeps as quiet as an eggbeater'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What damage did The Polar Grinder sustain in the terrible storm?
2. What maritime connections does Quoyle have?
3. Which of Quoyle's jobs are listed on the first page of the novel?
4. In what city did Quoyle and Partridge meet?
5. What novel provides the inspiration for Borogrove, Nutbeem's boat?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)