|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Agnis describe berrying?
(a) As pleasure to all.
(b) As tedious and boring.
(c) As a good way to find a husband.
(d) As a damned nuisance.
2. How did Agnis' mother die?
(a) Of pneumonia, in a Brooklyn hospital.
(b) Of lung cancer, in a Brooklyn Hospital.
(c) Of pneumonia, at home.
(d) Of injuries sustained in a fall.
3. What evidence confirms to Agnis that she had seen a man close by?
(a) A dropped cigarette pack.
(b) A smoldering cigarette butt.
(c) The smell of pomade and pipe tobacco.
(d) Footprints of fishing boots.
4. What is the meaning of the word 'atavistic'?
(a) Primitive and ignorant.
(b) Being unable to speak.
(d) Reversion to an earlier type.
5. Whose ancestor resorted to cannibalism?
(a) Billy Pretty's.
(c) Jack Buggit's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bunny need to bring a box of tissues to school?
2. What does Herry perform?
3. What other strange occurrence is mentioned?
4. Why are two men sent to Waterford for observation?
5. What is Quoyle doing when Mr Shovel calls him?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)