|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Agnis describe berrying?
(a) As tedious and boring.
(b) As a damned nuisance.
(c) As pleasure to all.
(d) As a good way to find a husband.
2. Why does Quoyle think he might have to take Wavey to the prairies?
(a) He'd like to try farming.
(b) So that Herry can go to a special school.
(c) The climate might be better for her.
(d) So she will be far from memories of her husband's death.
3. What does Herry perform?
(a) A piano accordian piece.
(b) A specially prepared song.
(c) A hornpipe.
(d) A bagpipe piece.
4. What is a clove hitch?
(a) A Canadian hitch-hiker.
(b) An old-fashioned way of pulling teeth.
(c) A type of knot.
(d) A spice used in French-Canadian cooking.
5. On what day does Nutbeem plan to leave?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Quoyle and Wavey?
2. Where is the Melvilles' home?
3. How did Agnis' mother die?
4. In what way does Quoyle benefit from Petal's death?
5. What condition does Wavey's son suffer from?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)