|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence confirms to Agnis that she had seen a man close by?
(a) A dropped cigarette pack.
(b) A smoldering cigarette butt.
(c) The smell of pomade and pipe tobacco.
(d) Footprints of fishing boots.
2. Under what flag is the ship Rome registered?
3. Whose ancestor resorted to cannibalism?
(b) Jack Buggit's.
(d) Billy Pretty's.
4. Where had the Quoyles originally settled?
(b) Gaze Island.
(d) St John's.
5. How does Agnis describe berrying?
(a) As tedious and boring.
(b) As pleasure to all.
(c) As a damned nuisance.
(d) As a good way to find a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big is the iceberg Quoyle sees?
2. What landscape feature triggers the aunt's memories?
3. What disturbing sensation does Quoyle have when in the green house?
4. Who is Alvin's niece?
5. Why does Quoyle get to do the special column on The Shipping News?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)