|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspires Quoyle to cook interesting food?
(a) His determination to show that economical meals can be gourmet meals.
(b) His love for his family.
(c) His thoughts of Partridge.
(d) Gordon Ramsay's latest recipe book.
2. What function did Misky Bay fulfill during the war?
(a) A base for submarines.
(b) A port for loading ammunition.
(c) A refuelling port.
(d) A commando training base.
3. What used to cause thousands of wrecks per year?
(c) The Quoyles.
4. What is The Gammy Bird?
(a) The name of a newspaper.
(b) The name of a motel.
(c) A species of gannet.
(d) The name of a boat.
5. How does the reader know Aunt Agnis doesn't like vinyl cladding?
(a) She makes a Bronx cheer when it is mentioned.
(b) She abuses the salesman.
(c) She says she wouldn't have it on her coffin.
(d) She says she wouldn't cross the road to buy it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as a 'gelatinous horror'?
2. Why does Quoyle think he might have to take Wavey to the prairies?
3. Which character works in the school library twice a week?
4. What novel provides the inspiration for Borogrove, Nutbeem's boat?
5. Why does Billy go to the clinic?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)