|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big is the iceberg Quoyle sees?
(a) As big as a house.
(b) As big as a bowling alley.
(c) As big as a bingo hall.
(d) As big as a ship.
2. What injuries did Dennis sustain during the storm crisis on The Polar Grinder?
(a) Both arms were broken.
(b) His right arm and left leg were broken.
(c) He fractured his skull and right arm.
(d) Both legs were broken.
3. What damage did The Polar Grinder sustain in the terrible storm?
(a) A crack in the steel hull from starboard to port.
(b) It broke in half.
(c) It was dismasted.
(d) The bridge was swept away, the captain with it.
4. After whom did the aunt name her dog?
(a) Warren Beatty.
(b) Warren hastigs.
(c) Irene Warren.
(d) Beatrice Warren.
5. What condition does Wavey's son suffer from?
(a) Down's Syndrome.
(d) Huntington's chorea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the word 'atavistic'?
2. What maritime connections does Quoyle have?
3. Who introduces Quoyle and Wavey?
4. Whose ancestor resorted to cannibalism?
5. About what does Quoyle not believe a word?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)