|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel provides the inspiration for Borogrove, Nutbeem's boat?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
(c) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
(d) The Daughter of Time.
2. What happened at Perdition Cove?
(a) A boat blew up.
(b) A shop caught fire.
(c) There was a specacular car wreck.
(d) A boat sank.
3. What is the alternative name for Gaze Island?
(a) Christmas Island.
(b) The Isle of Pines.
(c) Whale Island.
(d) Moose Island.
4. Why is it claimed that biologists have visited the Tough Baby?
(a) To inspect a new species of squid.
(b) To use the boat as a base for tagging Minke whales.
(c) To collect the rare marine specimens collected.
(d) To view the numerous carvings of animals and birds that decorate it.
5. What can be 'injurious as well as beneficial'?
(a) Cod-fishing on the Grand Banks.
(b) The mysterious power of knots.
(c) Falling in love with a mysterious person.
(d) Researching and writing news stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other strange occurrence is mentioned?
2. After whom did the aunt name her dog?
3. About what does Quoyle not believe a word?
4. What used to cause thousands of wrecks per year?
5. Which character works in the school library twice a week?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)