|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fell from the latch as Quoyle exited?
(a) A length of knotted twine.
(b) Some seaweed.
(c) The handle
(d) Some green twine.
2. Who is responsible for the Home News Page?
(b) Tom Pretty.
(c) Billy Pretty.
(d) Cyrus Nutbeam.
3. How does Quoyle get the list of ships?
(a) He asks people at the seafront.
(b) He visits the harbormaster's office.
(c) He phones the harbormaster.
(d) He phones the shipping companies.
4. What is the alternative name for Gaze Island?
(a) Whale Island.
(b) Christmas Island.
(c) Moose Island.
(d) The Isle of Pines.
5. According to stories, how was the Quoyle house brought to its present location?
(a) Cut in half and moved by road train.
(b) Dragged across the ice.
(c) Cut into sections and moved in by barge.
(d) Prefabricated in Montreal and trucked in bit by bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel provides the inspiration for Borogrove, Nutbeem's boat?
2. Why is it claimed that biologists have visited the Tough Baby?
3. What gives Quoyle a headache?
4. What is part of the managing editor's job?
5. Whose ancestor resorted to cannibalism?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)