|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is The Gammy Bird?
(a) A species of gannet.
(b) The name of a boat.
(c) The name of a motel.
(d) The name of a newspaper.
2. What is the alternative name for Gaze Island?
(a) Moose Island.
(b) Whale Island.
(c) Christmas Island.
(d) The Isle of Pines.
3. What fell from the latch as Quoyle exited?
(a) The handle
(b) Some seaweed.
(c) A length of knotted twine.
(d) Some green twine.
4. What inspires Quoyle to cook interesting food?
(a) His determination to show that economical meals can be gourmet meals.
(b) Gordon Ramsay's latest recipe book.
(c) His thoughts of Partridge.
(d) His love for his family.
5. What bizarre tale does Nutbeem tell?
(a) Of a woman being made to eat rotten fish.
(b) Of a bouncer being assaulted with a fish.
(c) Of a ghostly sealer feasting on whale blubber.
(d) Of a fish being sent to a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Quoyle decide to take the boat to Killick-Claw?
2. What evidence confirms to Agnis that she had seen a man close by?
3. According to stories, how was the Quoyle house brought to its present location?
4. What can be 'injurious as well as beneficial'?
5. Who is Bunny's best friend?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)