|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a clove hitch?
(a) A Canadian hitch-hiker.
(b) An old-fashioned way of pulling teeth.
(c) A spice used in French-Canadian cooking.
(d) A type of knot.
2. Why did Carl's hair turn white?
(a) He was frightened by a moose.
(b) All his family went white in their thirties.
(c) He had a close encounter with a giant squid or octopus.
(d) He was terrified by the ghosts of nineteenth century sealers.
3. According to Beety, what can you never have too many of?
(a) Bread rolls.
(c) Kids' mittens.
(d) Kids' snow boots.
4. What unusual sight do Quoyle and Wavey see as they return with the lunch basket?
(a) A strange ship.
(b) A collapsing iceberg.
(c) A pod of whales.
(d) Green sausageweed and coralweed.
5. How is Nutbeem's bathroom unusual?
(a) There is a bidet.
(b) There is a makeshift bath in the shower recess.
(c) There is an old firehose in the shower recess.
(d) There is a built-in TV in the shower recess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Quoyle remove the pens from his shirt?
2. What is a synonym for 'mortification'?
3. How does Agnis describe berrying?
4. Who is poor at keeping secrets?
5. What has Bunny yet to learn?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)