|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Quoyle and Nutbeem go for the ice they need?
(a) They gather snow and ice at the roadside.
(b) The supermarket.
(c) The seashore, where they gather bits of iceberg.
(d) The fish processing plant.
2. Why did Carl's hair turn white?
(a) All his family went white in their thirties.
(b) He was terrified by the ghosts of nineteenth century sealers.
(c) He had a close encounter with a giant squid or octopus.
(d) He was frightened by a moose.
3. How can the reader tell that Quoyle is self-conscious when he meets Mavis and Dawn?
(a) He coughs nervously.
(b) He can't look at them straight.
(c) He covers his chin.
(d) He thinks of Emily Dickinson.
4. What has Bunny yet to learn?
(a) To show how talented she is.
(b) To disguise the ways in which she is different.
(c) To tie her shoelaces.
(d) To show respect for older people.
5. Why does Bunny need to bring a box of tissues to school?
(a) She's been told these are needed for Art classes.
(b) She's been told that the school cannot afford to supply tissues.
(c) For stuffling pincushions.
(d) For making papier-mache.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Quoyle remove the pens from his shirt?
2. How does Agnis describe berrying?
3. What unusual sight do Quoyle and Wavey see as they return with the lunch basket?
4. What is a synonym for 'mortification'?
5. How is Nutbeem's bathroom unusual?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)