1. Which of Quoyle's jobs are listed on the first page of the novel?
(a) Distributer of vending machine candy, all-night clerk in a convenience store, third-rate journalist.
(b) Rope-maker and knot-tester, cab driver, third-rate journalist.
(c) Greeting card writer, bell-hop at a hotel, all-night clerk at a convenience store.
(d) Bell-hop at a hotel, third-rate journalist, traveling salesman.
2. Who was Quoyle's favorite child?
3. What job did Quoyle's father have?
(a) Hardware manager in a supermarket.
(b) Hardware buyer at Macy's.
(c) Clothing buyer for Wal-Mart.
(d) Produce manager in a supermarket.
4. In what city did Quoyle and Partridge meet?
(d) New York.
5. For how many years was Quoyle married to Petal?
(d) Seven and a half.
6. Why does Petal telephone Quoyle from Montgomery?
(a) To ask him how to make an Alabama Slammer.
(b) To ask him to join her there.
(c) To tell him she is divorcing him.
(d) To ask him how to cure a hangover.
This section contains 4,541 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)