Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. Which of Quoyle's jobs are listed on the first page of the novel?
(a) Bell-hop at a hotel, third-rate journalist, traveling salesman.
(b) Rope-maker and knot-tester, cab driver, third-rate journalist.
(c) Distributer of vending machine candy, all-night clerk in a convenience store, third-rate journalist.
(d) Greeting card writer, bell-hop at a hotel, all-night clerk at a convenience store.
2. Who was Quoyle's favorite child?
3. What job did Quoyle's father have?
(a) Clothing buyer for Wal-Mart.
(b) Produce manager in a supermarket.
(c) Hardware buyer at Macy's.
(d) Hardware manager in a supermarket.
4. In what city did Quoyle and Partridge meet?
(c) New York.
5. For how many years was Quoyle married to Petal?
(d) Seven and a half.
6. Why does Petal telephone Quoyle from Montgomery?
(a) To ask him to join her there.
(b) To ask him how to cure a hangover.
(c) To tell him she is divorcing him.
(d) To ask him how to make an Alabama Slammer.
This section contains 4,541 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)