Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Lonely man, Quoyle, decides to return to Newfoundland, the place of his ancestors.
• His friend, Partridge, gets him a job at the local newspaper.
• He is fired from the paper, ends up driving a cab, then is asked back to work at the paper.
• Partridge and his wife announce that they are leaving for California.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• In one year, Quoyle loses his parents to suicide and his unfaithful wife in a car crash.
• Quoyle's aunt, Agnis Hamm, agrees to remain with him and his two small daughters, Bunny and Sunshine.
• Agnis wants them to return to the ancestral home in Newfoundland.
• Partridge is able to get Quoyle a job in a Newfoundland newspaper, so the move is possible.
• The family drives to Newfoundland.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
• As they travel, the aunt provides some family history.
• After the long drive through thick fog, they arrive at the...
This section contains 2,633 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)