|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kit dream of killing herself?
2. How many wives does Belqassim have?
3. What beverage does Kit attempt to buy in the market after escaping from Belqassim's house?
4. What meal does Lieutenant D'Armagnac enjoy with Tunner when he arrives in town?
5. Who discovers Port's missing passport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kit slip out of Zozeph's house in the middle of the night?
2. Who is Daoud Zozeph?
3. Who is Othman?
4. What happens when the Lyles check in to the same hotel that Tunner is staying in with Port's passport?
5. How do Kit and Tunner reunite?
6. How is Kit cared for while she is staying under Belqassim's roof?
7. How does Kit respond to the news that Port is dead?
8. What clothes does Belqassim force Kit to wear, and why?
9. What happens when Tunner arrives in El Ga'a with Port's passport
10. How does Kit escape Belqassim's clutches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Port is in Bou Noura, his passport is stolen. First, create a list of characters Port accuses of this theft. Then, describe how at least two of these suspects are cleared of their charges. Finally, state who truly stole Port's passport and describe how this information came to light. How does this realization affect Port's relationship with the rest of the travelers?
Essay Topic 2
Port Moresby and George Tunner have two diametrically opposed views of travel. First, describe Port Moresby's personal view of travel and compare/contrast that to George Tunner's personal view of travel. Then, explain how these opposing views of travel lend themselves to an interesting partnership between the two travelers, citing examples from the text to strengthen your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Lieutenant D'Armagnac and Captain Broussard are both men who have come into power during the war in Africa. First, describe Lieutenant D'Armagnac's managing style. Then, compare/contrast that to Captain Brossard's management style. How has each of these men taken full advantage of the civil unrest in Africa to promote their own political careers?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)