|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times a day is Kit fed?
(a) Three times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Four times.
(d) One time.
2. What is the only object in the tiny room where Belqassim locks Kit?
(a) A bucket.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A bed.
(d) A pillow.
3. What does Kit beg the nurse to bring for Port, but the nurse cannot because it is rationed?
4. What country does the American embassy decide to send Kit to in the hopes of getting her home to America?
5. Who organizes Port's funeral?
(a) Lieutenant D'Armagnac
(b) Captain Broussard.
(c) Kit Moresby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many passengers are bumped from the evening bus when Port lies and says his wife is very sick?
2. How do Belqassim's wives feel about Kit living in their house?
3. Which religious building do Tunner and Kit visit while Port is dying?
4. How often must Port take a pill to alleviate his fever?
5. Which of the following characters regularly visits a sauna to battle chills?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kit know that Port's heath is deteriorating during the train ride to El Ga'a?
2. Who is Miss Ferry?
3. Why does Kit slip out of Zozeph's house in the middle of the night?
4. Who is Daoud Zozeph?
5. How does Captain Broussard react when he sees Port's poor medical condition?
6. What clothes does Belqassim force Kit to wear, and why?
7. How do the merchants treat Kit when she is sleeping on the rug next to them?
8. How does Port weasel his way onto the only train departing to El Ga'a?
9. What happens when the Lyles check in to the same hotel that Tunner is staying in with Port's passport?
10. How does Port react to the news that his passport has been found?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)