|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kit wake after escaping from Zozeph's the night before?
(a) By the river.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the desert.
(d) In the middle of the city.
2. What does Kit beg the nurse to bring for Port, but the nurse cannot because it is rationed?
3. Who does Tunner discover rummaging through his bags with a flashlight?
(a) Captain Broussard.
(c) Eric Lyle.
4. How does Kit react when she hears she must leave Africa?
(a) She is terrified.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is relieved.
5. Which of the parts of his room does Port NOT focus on when he feels reality slipping from him?
(a) The walls.
(b) The windows.
(c) The floor.
(d) The ceiling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Port sleep while Kit and the tall Arab man search for a hotel?
2. What does Kit hear in the middle of the night that draws her away from Zozeph's house?
3. How does Kit know Port is sick during their bus ride to El Ga'a?
4. What substance is covering the whip Kit is beaten by with the old servant?
5. What is Kit's overwhelming emotion on the day she marries Belqassim?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kit react when she sees a caravan of men making their way through desert?
2. How does Kit escape Belqassim's clutches?
3. How does Port treat Kit when she returns home after visiting with Daoud Zozeph?
4. How do the merchants treat Kit when they reach the end of their travels?
5. What clothes does Belqassim force Kit to wear, and why?
6. Who is Othman?
7. How do Kit and Amar meet?
8. How do the merchants treat Kit when she is sleeping on the rug next to them?
9. Why does Kit slip out of Zozeph's house in the middle of the night?
10. How does Kit respond to the news that Port is dead?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)