|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What substance is covering the whip Kit is beaten by with the old servant?
2. What does Zozeph use as protection from the scorpions that roam his house?
(a) A snake.
(b) A hen.
(c) A cat.
(d) Poison traps.
3. What is Kit's overwhelming emotion on the day she marries Belqassim?
4. How does Kit react when Port tells her they are leaving for El Ga'a that evening?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is excited.
5. What medical epidemic has swept through El Ga's?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(d) Bubonic plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does Amar serve Kit to try to calm her nerves?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Kit ate during her first meal with the gypsies?
3. Which of the following adjectives does shopkeeper Daoud Zozeph use to describe the world?
4. Who sits with Port when he dies?
5. What beverage does Kit attempt to buy in the market after escaping from Belqassim's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Daoud Zozeph?
2. How do Kit and Amar meet?
3. How does Port weasel his way onto the only train departing to El Ga'a?
4. How does Kit escape Belqassim's clutches?
5. What does Kit attempt to buy on her first day out of Belqassim's house?
6. Who is Othman?
7. How do the merchants treat Kit when she is sleeping on the rug next to them?
8. How do Kit and Tunner reunite?
9. How is Kit cared for while she is staying under Belqassim's roof?
10. How does the American embassy propose getting Kit back home to America?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)