|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal does Lieutenant D'Armagnac enjoy with Tunner when he arrives in town?
2. What gift does Daoud Zozeph give to Kit with the hopes it will help cure Port?
3. Where does Kit send all her belongings before she runs away from the military camp?
(a) To Tunner's house.
(b) To Zozeph's house.
(c) To the Lyle's house.
(d) To her childhood home.
4. Where does Kit wake after escaping from Zozeph's the night before?
(a) By the river.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In the middle of the city.
(d) In the woods.
5. How does Broussard know that Kit has abandoned Port?
(a) The front gate is open.
(b) Her suitcase is packed.
(c) The silverware is missing from the kitchen.
(d) She left a note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious ceremony does Port receive when he is buried?
2. What ethnicity is Amar?
3. How many cots does the military hospital have at their disposal?
4. What is the name of the man running admittances in the military hospital of Sba?
5. How is the caravan of men traveling from city to city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Kit and Port turned away from their hotel in El Ga'a?
2. How is Kit cared for while she is staying under Belqassim's roof?
3. Who is Othman?
4. How does Captain Broussard react when he sees Port's poor medical condition?
5. Who is Daoud Zozeph?
6. Why does Belqassim decide to marry Kit?
7. How do the merchants treat Kit when she is sleeping on the rug next to them?
8. How does Kit respond to the news that Port is dead?
9. Who is Miss Ferry?
10. What basic necessities is the military hospital missing when Port arrives there?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)