|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Daoud Zozeph give to Kit with the hopes it will help cure Port?
2. What is the only object in the tiny room where Belqassim locks Kit?
(a) A bed.
(b) A bucket.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A pillow.
3. How does Kit react to the news that Port is dead?
(a) She is devastated.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is amused.
4. What gifts does Belqassim force his wives to give to Kit?
(a) Their clothing.
(b) Their jewelry.
(c) Their coins.
(d) Their tools.
5. Who organizes Port's funeral?
(b) Lieutenant D'Armagnac
(c) Captain Broussard.
(d) Kit Moresby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which religious building do Tunner and Kit visit while Port is dying?
2. Who sends word to Lieutenant D'Armagnac that the Moresbys have left town?
3. At what time of day does Belqassim usually visit Kit in the basement?
4. What does Kit attempt to serve Port on the bumpy bus ride, hoping it will help cure his cramps?
5. What ethnicity is Amar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kit slip out of Zozeph's house in the middle of the night?
2. Why are Kit and Port turned away from their hotel in El Ga'a?
3. How does Port react to the news that his passport has been found?
4. How does the American embassy propose getting Kit back home to America?
5. How does Kit escape Belqassim's clutches?
6. How does Kit react when she sees a caravan of men making their way through desert?
7. How do the merchants treat Kit when she is sleeping on the rug next to them?
8. How is Kit cared for while she is staying under Belqassim's roof?
9. Who is Daoud Zozeph?
10. How does Port treat Kit when she returns home after visiting with Daoud Zozeph?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)