|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which religious building do Tunner and Kit visit while Port is dying?
(a) A mosque.
(b) A church.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A synagogue.
2. What is the name of the consulate who comes to pick Kit up from the airport?
(a) Miss Ferry.
(b) Miss Kerry.
(c) Miss Merry.
(d) Miss Terry.
3. What beverage does Kit attempt to buy in the market after escaping from Belqassim's house?
(a) Cooking sherry.
(b) Rice vinegar.
(d) Orange juice.
4. How long does it take Kit to back all her belongings into shipping boxes?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
5. How does Kit react when Port tells her they are leaving for El Ga'a that evening?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Broussard accuse Kit of while Port is sick in bed?
2. What medication does Broussard inject in Port to try to calm him from his fears?
3. What gift does Daoud Zozeph give to Kit with the hopes it will help cure Port?
4. Where does Kit send all her belongings before she runs away from the military camp?
5. Why won't the woman at the market take Kit's money to pay for the beverage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Kit and Tunner reunite?
2. How does Kit react when she sees a caravan of men making their way through desert?
3. How does Port react to the news that his passport has been found?
4. What accusations does Captain Broussard make regarding Kit's relationship with Port?
5. How do the merchants treat Kit when they reach the end of their travels?
6. What clothes does Belqassim force Kit to wear, and why?
7. What does Kit attempt to buy on her first day out of Belqassim's house?
8. Who is Daoud Zozeph?
9. How does Port weasel his way onto the only train departing to El Ga'a?
10. Who is Miss Ferry?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)