|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eric Lyle's mother berate him for doing?
(b) Biting his nails.
2. What does Kit find in her stew at the hotel which enrages her?
(a) Frog legs.
(b) Fish scales.
(c) Rabbit fur.
(d) Chicken feathers.
3. What do Kit and Port see when overlooking the giant precipice in Boussif?
(a) A flock of sheep.
(b) A woman washing laundry.
(c) Children playing kickball.
(d) A man meditating.
4. At the opening of the novel, which war is taking place?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Civil War.
5. Why doesn't Kit want Port to tell Tunner about his recurring dream?
(a) Because she thinks the dream is boring.
(b) Because the dream will frighten Tunner.
(c) Because Tunner is deaf.
(d) Because she doesn't trust Tunner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does Lieutenant D'Armagnac pour for Port in an attempt to warm him up?
2. Which American city is M. Chaoui's favorite city in the world?
3. How does Port feel about Eric's overbearing mother?
4. What nationality is Smail?
5. What beverage do the Arabs drink on the terrace of the Cafe d'Eckmuhl-Noisuex?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mohammad?
2. What is the travelers' first impressions of the town of Ain Krofra?
3. What reason does Lieutenant D'Armagnac give about why a native probably did not steal his wallet?
4. What startling event changes Lieutenant D'Armagnac's career forever?
5. What disturbing dream does Port have while napping in Oman?
6. When does Port's enjoyment of Mrs. Lyle's bickering finally begin to fade?
7. What interesting offer does Smail make when Port arrives at his home?
8. What story does Marhnia tell Port about the three prostitutes?
9. How does Kit react the morning after she wakes up next to Tunner?
10. What awkward moment ensues with Kit enjoys a cup of tea with M. Chaoui?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)