|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Port feel at daybreak?
2. How many prostitutes travel to the desert in Marhnia's story?
3. Which continent are Port and Kit traveling through?
(a) North America.
(d) South America.
4. How long is the travel bus stranded in Ain Krorfa?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
5. What does Kit believe is the best way to medicate pain?
(a) By punching a wall.
(b) By smoking a cigarette.
(c) By going shopping.
(d) By drinking champagne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the prostitutes in Marhnia's story long to do in the desert?
2. What beverage do the Arabs drink on the terrace of the Cafe d'Eckmuhl-Noisuex?
3. What nationality is Smail?
4. What country is Port Moresby from?
5. Which of the following characters is a firm believer in omens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbing dream does Port have while napping in Oman?
2. What reason does Lieutenant D'Armagnac give about why a native probably did not steal his wallet?
3. How does Tunner attempt to comfort Kit when she is nervous on their train ride to Boussif?
4. What is the travelers' first impressions of the town of Ain Krofra?
5. How do Port and Tunner know each other?
6. When does Port's enjoyment of Mrs. Lyle's bickering finally begin to fade?
7. What startling event changes Lieutenant D'Armagnac's career forever?
8. How does Port describe Oran?
9. What realization does Port have while riding on the train with Kit to Ain Krofra?
10. What information does Port learn about Eric while having breakfast with Mrs. Lyle in Boussif?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)