|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Port feel at daybreak?
2. Why does Kit interrupt the music at M. Chaoui's dinner party?
(a) To fan her face.
(b) To go to the bathroom.
(c) To pour some wine.
(d) To compliment the music.
3. What do Kit and Port see when overlooking the giant precipice in Boussif?
(a) A woman washing laundry.
(b) A flock of sheep.
(c) Children playing kickball.
(d) A man meditating.
4. How does M. Chaoui react to Kit's interruption of the music?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is offended.
(d) He is amused.
5. How are Kit and Port related?
(a) They are dating.
(b) They are co-workers.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Port's body is lost in his reoccurring dream?
2. What does Marhnia attempt to steal from Port?
3. Who arranges the rooms for the travelers once they finally arrive in Boussif?
4. What country is Port Moresby from?
5. What is Eric Lyle's drink of choice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Port feel when he wakes up from his nap in the opening scene of the novel?
2. How do Kit and Port react to seeing the sky for the first time while looking out over the precipice in Boussif?
3. What is the reaction from Tunner and Kit to Port's disturbing dream?
4. What interesting offer does Smail make when Port arrives at his home?
5. What happens when Tunner shows up at Kit's doorstep asking to take her on a walk?
6. What small fight do Port and Kit get into while enjoying dinner at their hotel restaurant near the Lyle's?
7. How does Kit react when the Lyles invite her and Port to travel with them to Boussif?
8. When does Port's enjoyment of Mrs. Lyle's bickering finally begin to fade?
9. How do Port and Smail meet?
10. What is Port's first impression of Marhnia
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)