|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Smail?
2. How are Kit and Port related?
(a) They are married.
(b) They are dating.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are co-workers.
3. Which of the following bizarre sights does Kit NOT see when she gets trapped in the fourth-class cabin?
(a) A man eating locusts.
(b) A man braiding his daughter's hair.
(c) A man holding a severed head.
(d) A man without a nose.
4. How much does Port pay the brothel owner to drink whiskey during the sunrise?
(a) 800 francs.
(b) 200 francs.
(c) 400 francs.
(d) 600 francs.
5. How long have Kit and Port been married?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twenty-three years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eric claim to do for a living?
2. What beverage does Lieutenant D'Armagnac pour for Port in an attempt to warm him up?
3. How does Tunner propose to get to Boussif?
4. What is a bordj?
5. What do Kit and Tunner eat for breakfast as they are waiting for Port to return home from his walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kit respond when Port does not come home the morning after their big fight?
2. How does Port react to Marhnia's story about the prostitutes?
3. What information does Port learn about Eric while having breakfast with Mrs. Lyle in Boussif?
4. What is Port's first impression of Marhnia
5. How does Lieutenant D'Armagnac react when hears that Port's passport has been stolen?
6. What is the travelers' first impressions of the town of Ain Krofra?
7. What reason does Lieutenant D'Armagnac give about why a native probably did not steal his wallet?
8. What disturbing dream does Port have while napping in Oman?
9. What startling event changes Lieutenant D'Armagnac's career forever?
10. What happens when Tunner shows up at Kit's doorstep asking to take her on a walk?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)