|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of the novel, which war is taking place?
(b) The Civil War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
2. How much does Port pay the brothel owner to drink whiskey during the sunrise?
(a) 800 francs.
(b) 400 francs.
(c) 600 francs.
(d) 200 francs.
3. What does M. Chaoui do for a living?
(a) He is a baker.
(b) He is a police officer.
(c) He is a shopkeeper.
(d) He is a journalist.
4. Why don't the travelers finish eating the soup they ordered in Ain Krorfa?
(a) Because the soup is cold.
(b) Because the restaurant is full of rats.
(c) Because their spoons are dirty.
(d) Because the soup is full of bugs.
5. Which American city is M. Chaoui's favorite city in the world?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) New Orleans.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening scene of the novel, how does Port feel when he awakens from a dream?
2. What makes Kit most nervous about riding in the train?
3. After Tunner leaves, what does Kit spend her days doing?
4. How does Tunner propose to get to Boussif?
5. What color are the scarves the men are wearing in the restaurant Smail takes Port to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What small fight do Port and Kit get into while enjoying dinner at their hotel restaurant near the Lyle's?
2. How do Port and Tunner know each other?
3. How do Port and Smail meet?
4. Why does Port believe that Eric Lyle stole his passport?
5. Who is Mohammad?
6. How does Lieutenant D'Armagnac react when hears that Port's passport has been stolen?
7. What is Port's first impression of Eric Lyle?
8. What startling event changes Lieutenant D'Armagnac's career forever?
9. What interesting offer does Smail make when Port arrives at his home?
10. What information does Port learn about Eric while having breakfast with Mrs. Lyle in Boussif?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)