|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumor spreads throughout town about Lieutenant D'Armagnac and Yamina?
(a) That Lieutenant D'Armagnac raped Yamina.
(b) That Lieutenant D'Armagnac killed Yamina.
(c) That Lieutenant D'Armagnac stole Yamina's life savings.
(d) That Lieutenant D'Armagnac is the father of Yamina's baby.
2. How long is the travel bus stranded in Ain Krorfa?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
3. Which of the following adjectives is NOT one Port uses to describe the streets of Oran?
4. What handicap does the beautiful dancer Port is infatuated with have?
(a) She is mute.
(b) She is missing both hands.
(c) She is deaf.
(d) She is blind.
5. How long have Kit and Port been married?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Twenty-three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Port at the time when his wallet was stolen?
2. What country is Eric Lyle from?
3. Which of the following items is NOT something Port demands from Kit upon returning home from his walk?
4. Which of the following instruments does the musician at M. Chaoui's dinner party play to entertain the guests?
5. Who reveals the news that Eric Lyle is not the son of Mrs. Lyle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Port describe Oran?
2. What is Port's first impression of Eric Lyle?
3. How do Kit and Port react to seeing the sky for the first time while looking out over the precipice in Boussif?
4. What is the travelers' first impressions of the town of Ain Krofra?
5. How do Port and Tunner know each other?
6. How does Kit respond when Port does not come home the morning after their big fight?
7. How does Tunner attempt to comfort Kit when she is nervous on their train ride to Boussif?
8. How does Kit feel once she has been separated from Tunner in Ain Krofra?
9. What interesting offer does Smail make when Port arrives at his home?
10. How does Kit react the morning after she wakes up next to Tunner?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)