|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Broussard accuse Kit of while Port is sick in bed?
(a) Abandoning Tunner.
(b) Not really being married to Port.
(c) Poisoning Port.
(d) Stealing Eric Lyle's passport.
2. How did Daoud Zozeph's baby die?
(a) It was stillborn.
(b) It contracted malaria.
(c) It drowned in the river.
(d) It was poisoned during the war.
3. What odds does the Captain of the military hospital give for Port's likely survival?
(a) 75% .
4. What substance is covering the whip Kit is beaten by with the old servant?
5. How many times a day is Kit fed?
(a) Three times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Four times.
(d) One time.
6. Who organizes Port's funeral?
(b) Lieutenant D'Armagnac
(c) Captain Broussard.
(d) Kit Moresby.
7. Where does Kit send all her belongings before she runs away from the military camp?
(a) To the Lyle's house.
(b) To her childhood home.
(c) To Zozeph's house.
(d) To Tunner's house.
8. Which of the following diseases is Port diagnosed with upon entering the military hospital?
(a) Chicken pox.
(d) Yellow fever.
9. Who does Tunner discover rummaging through his bags with a flashlight?
(a) Captain Broussard.
(b) Eric Lyle.
10. Who forces Kit to eat her dinner even when she is not hungry?
11. What is the name of the man running admittances in the military hospital of Sba?
12. Which of the following characters regularly visits a sauna to battle chills?
(b) Lieutenant D'Armagnac.
(d) M. Abdelkader.
13. What is the only object in the tiny room where Belqassim locks Kit?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A bucket.
(c) A bed.
(d) A lamp.
14. What country does the American embassy decide to send Kit to in the hopes of getting her home to America?
15. What is the name of the consulate who comes to pick Kit up from the airport?
(a) Miss Merry.
(b) Miss Terry.
(c) Miss Kerry.
(d) Miss Ferry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers Port's missing passport?
2. How is the caravan of men traveling from city to city?
3. What meal does Lieutenant D'Armagnac enjoy with Tunner when he arrives in town?
4. What does Zozeph use as protection from the scorpions that roam his house?
5. How many passengers are bumped from the evening bus when Port lies and says his wife is very sick?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)