|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't the woman at the market take Kit's money to pay for the beverage?
(a) Because Kit's money is counterfeit.
(b) Because it's the wrong currency.
(c) Kit does not have any money.
(d) Because she cannot make change for the large bill.
2. Where does Kit wish she and Port were traveling to instead of El Ga'a?
(a) To Greece.
(b) To Italy.
(c) To France.
(d) To Spain.
3. From which of the following diseases is the beggar who assaults Kit suffering?
(c) Scarlet fever.
(d) Chicken pox.
4. Who organizes Port's funeral?
(a) Kit Moresby.
(b) Captain Broussard.
(c) Lieutenant D'Armagnac
5. Which of Kit's muscles is most uncomfortable in her locked surroundings?
(a) Her legs.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her shoulders.
(d) Her back.
6. What type of farmer offers to transport Kit and Port to the city of Sba?
(a) A sheep farmer.
(b) A fruit farmer.
(c) A wheat farmer.
(d) An almond farmer.
7. What medical epidemic has swept through El Ga's?
(c) Scarlet fever.
(d) Bubonic plague.
8. How many passengers are bumped from the evening bus when Port lies and says his wife is very sick?
9. How does Kit dream of killing herself?
(a) By drowning.
(b) By hanging.
(c) By stabbing herself in the heart.
(d) By poison.
10. Which of the parts of his room does Port NOT focus on when he feels reality slipping from him?
(a) The walls.
(b) The windows.
(c) The ceiling.
(d) The floor.
11. What religious ceremony does Port receive when he is buried?
(a) A Zoroastrian ceremony.
(b) A Catholic ceremony.
(c) A Buddhist ceremony.
(d) A Muslim ceremony.
12. What language does Amar speak?
13. What is the name of the consulate who comes to pick Kit up from the airport?
(a) Miss Kerry.
(b) Miss Ferry.
(c) Miss Terry.
(d) Miss Merry.
14. Who is waiting in the hotel bar, awaiting Kit's return to the States?
(c) Eric Lyle.
15. What does Kit attempt to serve Port on the bumpy bus ride, hoping it will help cure his cramps?
(a) Peppermint schnapps.
(c) Mineral water.
(d) Sage tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of metal is used to make the bars that keep Kit locked in the basement?
2. What African country does Kit find herself in after escaping from Belqassim's house?
3. What does Kit beg the nurse to bring for Port, but the nurse cannot because it is rationed?
4. What beverage does Amar serve Kit to try to calm her nerves?
5. How does Kit know Port is sick during their bus ride to El Ga'a?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)