|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnicity is Amar?
2. What language does Amar speak?
3. Which of the following bizarre activities does Kit engage in the middle of the night, alone?
4. What beverage does Kit attempt to buy in the market after escaping from Belqassim's house?
(b) Cooking sherry.
(c) Orange juice.
(d) Rice vinegar.
5. Which of Kit's muscles is most uncomfortable in her locked surroundings?
(a) Her legs.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her shoulders.
(d) Her back.
6. What does Amar claim will cripple Kit if she is not careful?
7. What is the last sound Kit hears before falling to sleep on her first night in captivity?
(a) A rooster crowing.
(b) A baby crying.
(c) A gun firing.
(d) A dog howling.
8. What type of metal is used to make the bars that keep Kit locked in the basement?
9. How did Daoud Zozeph's baby die?
(a) It contracted malaria.
(b) It was stillborn.
(c) It drowned in the river.
(d) It was poisoned during the war.
10. How does Broussard know that Kit has abandoned Port?
(a) She left a note.
(b) The silverware is missing from the kitchen.
(c) Her suitcase is packed.
(d) The front gate is open.
11. What does Kit attempt to serve Port on the bumpy bus ride, hoping it will help cure his cramps?
(a) Sage tea.
(c) Mineral water.
(d) Peppermint schnapps.
12. What beverage does Amar serve Kit to try to calm her nerves?
13. Which of the following diseases is Port diagnosed with upon entering the military hospital?
(a) Yellow fever.
(d) Chicken pox.
14. How many cots does the military hospital have at their disposal?
15. Who helps Kit escape from Belqassim's house?
(a) The wives.
(b) The servants.
(c) Kit escapes on her own.
(d) The neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious ceremony does Port receive when he is buried?
2. What size is Belqassim's house?
3. At what time of day does Belqassim usually visit Kit in the basement?
4. What medication does Broussard inject in Port to try to calm him from his fears?
5. What is the name of the young slave boy who gropes Kit in the night?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)