|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit beg the nurse to bring for Port, but the nurse cannot because it is rationed?
2. What beverage does Amar serve Kit to try to calm her nerves?
3. What is the name of the consulate who comes to pick Kit up from the airport?
(a) Miss Kerry.
(b) Miss Merry.
(c) Miss Ferry.
(d) Miss Terry.
4. What medication does Broussard inject in Port to try to calm him from his fears?
(d) Horse tranquilizer.
5. What is the name of the young slave boy who gropes Kit in the night?
6. Where does Kit send all her belongings before she runs away from the military camp?
(a) To Zozeph's house.
(b) To Tunner's house.
(c) To the Lyle's house.
(d) To her childhood home.
7. Whose clothes does Belqassim make Kit wear to disguise her true identity?
(a) An old man's.
(b) A young girl's.
(c) A young boy's.
(d) An old woman's.
8. How many cots does the military hospital have at their disposal?
9. As the bus pulls into El Ga'a, what does the landscape outside the windows look like?
(a) It is all water.
(b) It is all stones.
(c) It is all sand.
(d) It is all trees.
10. How does Kit react to the news that Port is dead?
(a) She is amused.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is devastated.
(d) She is apathetic.
11. Which of Kit's muscles is most uncomfortable in her locked surroundings?
(a) Her shoulders.
(b) Her legs.
(c) Her back.
(d) Her neck.
12. How many men are part of the caravan Kit witnessed?
(a) Three dozen.
(b) Four dozen.
(c) One dozen.
(d) Two dozen.
13. How did Daoud Zozeph's baby die?
(a) It was stillborn.
(b) It contracted malaria.
(c) It drowned in the river.
(d) It was poisoned during the war.
14. Who forces Kit to eat her dinner even when she is not hungry?
15. Which religious building do Tunner and Kit visit while Port is dying?
(a) A synagogue.
(b) A church.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A mosque.
Short Answer Questions
1. What African country does Kit find herself in after escaping from Belqassim's house?
2. How does Kit dream of killing herself?
3. What religion does Daoud Zozeph practice?
4. What odds does the Captain of the military hospital give for Port's likely survival?
5. How many passengers are bumped from the evening bus when Port lies and says his wife is very sick?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)