|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does the American embassy decide to send Kit to in the hopes of getting her home to America?
2. Who sits with Port when he dies?
(c) He dies alone.
3. What gift does Daoud Zozeph give to Kit with the hopes it will help cure Port?
4. What religious ceremony does Port receive when he is buried?
(a) A Zoroastrian ceremony.
(b) A Buddhist ceremony.
(c) A Muslim ceremony.
(d) A Catholic ceremony.
5. What does Kit attempt to serve Port on the bumpy bus ride, hoping it will help cure his cramps?
(b) Mineral water.
(c) Sage tea.
(d) Peppermint schnapps.
6. Which of the following games does Tunner regularly play with Abdelkader?
7. How many of the gypsy men does Kit engage in sexual activity with?
8. What is the name of the young slave boy who gropes Kit in the night?
9. Who sends word to Lieutenant D'Armagnac that the Moresbys have left town?
10. Which religious building do Tunner and Kit visit while Port is dying?
(a) A mosque.
(b) A church.
(c) A synagogue.
(d) A cathedral.
11. How does Kit react to the news that Port is dead?
(a) She is devastated.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is amused.
12. How does Kit know Port is sick during their bus ride to El Ga'a?
(a) Because he is vomiting.
(b) Because he is sweating profusely.
(c) Because he is moaning, clutching his stomach.
(d) Because his teeth are chattering.
13. What is the name of the oldest merchant in the gypsy caravan?
14. How many times per week does a bus leave Bou Noura for El Ga'a?
(c) Seven times.
(d) Four times.
15. What does Amar claim will cripple Kit if she is not careful?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feeds Kit during the day?
2. Who forces Kit to eat her dinner even when she is not hungry?
3. Which of the parts of his room does Port NOT focus on when he feels reality slipping from him?
4. What is the name of the man running admittances in the military hospital of Sba?
5. From which of the following diseases is the beggar who assaults Kit suffering?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)