|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a bordj?
(a) A cheap hotel.
(b) A petting zoo.
(c) A fishing hole.
(d) A medical facility.
2. From Smail's home, what color do the mountains look to Port?
3. Which continent are Port and Kit traveling through?
(a) South America.
(c) North America.
4. At the opening of the novel, which war is taking place?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Civil War.
5. What does Port do while Kit and Tunner take a walk together?
(a) He eats.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He reads.
(d) He prays.
6. How does Kit feel once she is separated from Tunner?
7. Which of the following insects has infested the city of Ain Krorfa?
8. What animal does Port hear screaming while he is having a conversation with Smail?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A cat.
(c) A goat.
(d) A bird.
9. What meal do Port and Kit sit down to eat together at the hotel restaurant - their first meal together in days?
10. What language does Marhnia speak?
11. Which of the following is NOT something Tunner offers to Kit as means of comfort of the bumpy train ride?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A massage.
(c) A glass of champagne.
(d) A sandwich.
12. What does Mrs. Lyle do for a living?
(a) She is a writer.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is a lawyer.
(d) She is a doctor.
13. Why does Kit interrupt the music at M. Chaoui's dinner party?
(a) To compliment the music.
(b) To pour some wine.
(c) To go to the bathroom.
(d) To fan her face.
14. How do Kit and Port travel while sightseeing in Boussif?
(a) They take a trolley.
(b) They ride bicycles.
(c) They take a ferry.
(d) They walk.
15. Where was Port at the time when his wallet was stolen?
(a) At the bar.
(b) Grocery shopping.
(c) Sleeping in his bed.
(d) In the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal does Lieutenant D'Armagnac see with a baby's corpse in its mouth?
2. What does M. Chaoui do for a living?
3. What is the name of Lieutenant D'Armagnac's servant?
4. Who arranges the rooms for the travelers once they finally arrive in Boussif?
5. At what time of day does Lieutenant D'Armagnac request to see Port to question him about the disappearance of his passport?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)