|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lieutenant D'Armagnac's wife live?
(a) In Poland.
(b) In Spain.
(c) In Germany.
(d) In France.
2. What animal does Port hear screaming while he is having a conversation with Smail?
(a) A goat.
(b) A cat.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A bird.
3. At the opening of the novel, which war is taking place?
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
4. Why don't the travelers finish eating the soup they ordered in Ain Krorfa?
(a) Because the soup is full of bugs.
(b) Because the restaurant is full of rats.
(c) Because their spoons are dirty.
(d) Because the soup is cold.
5. What does M. Chaoui do for a living?
(a) He is a baker.
(b) He is a police officer.
(c) He is a journalist.
(d) He is a shopkeeper.
6. What does Mrs. Lyle do for a living?
(a) She is a doctor.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is a writer.
(d) She is a lawyer.
7. In what type of building does Smail live?
(a) An apartment complex.
(b) A cave.
(c) A fortress.
(d) A tent.
8. What beverage does Smail offer to Port after his walk?
9. What emotion does Port feel at daybreak?
10. What type of reputation does M. Abdelkader have in Bou Noura?
(a) He is a well-respected creditor.
(b) He is viewed as a thief.
(c) He is an educated tutor.
(d) He is a dirty politician.
11. How much does Port pay the brothel owner to drink whiskey during the sunrise?
(a) 400 francs.
(b) 800 francs.
(c) 200 francs.
(d) 600 francs.
12. Which of the following bizarre sights does Kit NOT see when she gets trapped in the fourth-class cabin?
(a) A man eating locusts.
(b) A man braiding his daughter's hair.
(c) A man holding a severed head.
(d) A man without a nose.
13. Which of the following items does the sky remind Port?
(a) A tent.
(b) A tablecloth.
(c) A canopy.
(d) A gown.
14. How does Kit respond when Tunner wraps his arms around her on the train?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She leaves the cabin.
(d) She leans into him.
15. Which of the following adjectives is NOT one Port uses to describe the streets of Oran?
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing does Smail order Port to remove before entering his home?
2. What country is Port Moresby from?
3. What does the city of Ain Krorfa smell like?
4. What nationality is Smail?
5. How does Port feel about Eric's overbearing mother?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)