|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was the first ocean Port and Kit ever crossed together?
(a) The Atlantic.
(b) The Pacific.
(c) The Arctic.
(d) The Indian.
2. What does the city of Ain Krorfa smell like?
3. Which of the following items is NOT something Port demands from Kit upon returning home from his walk?
(a) A back massage.
(b) A shave.
(c) An explanation.
(d) A cup of coffee.
4. What nationality is Smail?
5. What is a bordj?
(a) A petting zoo.
(b) A fishing hole.
(c) A cheap hotel.
(d) A medical facility.
6. Where was Port at the time when his wallet was stolen?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) Grocery shopping.
(c) Sleeping in his bed.
(d) At the bar.
7. What does Port do while Kit and Tunner take a walk together?
(a) He reads.
(b) He prays.
(c) He eats.
(d) He sleeps.
8. What does Marhnia attempt to steal from Port?
(a) His passport.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His wedding ring.
9. What type of animal does Lieutenant D'Armagnac see with a baby's corpse in its mouth?
(a) A shark.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A cow.
(d) A dog.
10. At what time of day does Lieutenant D'Armagnac request to see Port to question him about the disappearance of his passport?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) In the early evening.
(c) In the early morning.
(d) Late at night, past midnight.
11. Which American city is M. Chaoui's favorite city in the world?
(a) New York.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Los Angeles.
12. Which of the following items does the sky remind Port?
(a) A gown.
(b) A tablecloth.
(c) A canopy.
(d) A tent.
13. Which of the following groups of people is NOT a subject of Mrs. Lyle's racist rampages?
14. On what type of bed does Smail sleep?
15. What color is Kit's hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What unsettling fact about Eric does Mrs. Lyle share with Port over breakfast at the Boussif hotel?
2. How long is the travel bus stranded in Ain Krorfa?
3. What do Kit and Port see when overlooking the giant precipice in Boussif?
4. What does Tunner ask Kit to do with him while Port is missing?
5. What is the name of the hotel concierge who takes Port to a brothel?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)