|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Kit and Port related?
(a) They are dating.
(b) They are co-workers.
(c) They are married.
(d) They are siblings.
2. What does M. Chaoui do for a living?
(a) He is a journalist.
(b) He is a police officer.
(c) He is a baker.
(d) He is a shopkeeper.
3. How do Kit and Port travel while sightseeing in Boussif?
(a) They walk.
(b) They ride bicycles.
(c) They take a trolley.
(d) They take a ferry.
4. How many classes of cabins are there on the train in which Kit and Tunner ride?
5. Which of the following instruments does the musician at M. Chaoui's dinner party play to entertain the guests?
(a) A lute.
(b) An accordion.
(c) A harp.
(d) A harmonica.
6. What makes Kit most nervous about riding in the train?
(a) The noise.
(b) The stench.
(c) The uncomfortable seats.
(d) The speed.
7. How does Port feel about Eric's overbearing mother?
(a) He thinks she is amusing.
(b) He thinks she is boring.
(c) He thinks she is disgusting.
(d) He thinks she is strange.
8. What is the name of the city that has a large black market for stolen passports?
(b) Ain Krofra.
(d) El Ga'a.
9. Which of the following does Kit read to try to calm her nerves?
(a) A cook book.
(b) A travel journal.
(c) A gossip magazine.
(d) A Bible.
10. What is a bordj?
(a) A medical facility.
(b) A cheap hotel.
(c) A fishing hole.
(d) A petting zoo.
11. What type of shoes does Kit wear while traveling?
12. How much does Port pay the brothel owner to drink whiskey during the sunrise?
(a) 600 francs.
(b) 400 francs.
(c) 200 francs.
(d) 800 francs.
13. How does Yamina die?
(a) She is poisoned by a spider.
(b) She is strangled by a snake.
(c) She is bitten by a shark.
(d) She is stung by a scorpion.
14. Which of the following groups of people is NOT a subject of Mrs. Lyle's racist rampages?
15. What beverage does Tunner purchase for his travels to Boussif?
(c) Mineral water.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of the novel, which war is taking place?
2. What is Eric Lyle's drink of choice?
3. What does the city of Ain Krorfa smell like?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Tunner offers to Kit as means of comfort of the bumpy train ride?
5. Who does Port initially accuse of stealing his wallet?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)