|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Kit want Port to tell Tunner about his recurring dream?
(a) Because Tunner is deaf.
(b) Because the dream will frighten Tunner.
(c) Because she thinks the dream is boring.
(d) Because she doesn't trust Tunner.
2. How much does Port pay the brothel owner to drink whiskey during the sunrise?
(a) 400 francs.
(b) 200 francs.
(c) 600 francs.
(d) 800 francs.
3. What unsettling fact about Eric does Mrs. Lyle share with Port over breakfast at the Boussif hotel?
(a) That Eric has a venereal disease.
(b) That Eric spent time in prison.
(c) That Eric is allergic to milk.
(d) That Eric cannot read.
4. Which of the following insects has infested the city of Ain Krorfa?
5. Where in the Sahara is Ain Korfra in relation to Boussif?
6. Who arranges the rooms for the travelers once they finally arrive in Boussif?
(a) Mrs. Lyle.
7. What type of shoes does Kit wear while traveling?
8. Which of the following characters is a firm believer in omens?
9. From Smail's home, what color do the mountains look to Port?
10. At what time of day does Lieutenant D'Armagnac request to see Port to question him about the disappearance of his passport?
(a) Late at night, past midnight.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the early evening.
(d) In the early morning.
11. How does Yamina die?
(a) She is poisoned by a spider.
(b) She is stung by a scorpion.
(c) She is bitten by a shark.
(d) She is strangled by a snake.
12. What does Port do while Kit and Tunner take a walk together?
(a) He reads.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He eats.
(d) He prays.
13. Where was Port at the time when his wallet was stolen?
(a) Sleeping in his bed.
(b) At the bar.
(c) Grocery shopping.
(d) In the bathroom.
14. Who reveals the news that Eric Lyle is not the son of Mrs. Lyle?
(a) The prostitutes.
(b) The brothel owner.
(c) The hotel concierge.
(d) The hotel manager.
15. What does Marhnia attempt to steal from Port?
(a) His wedding ring.
(b) His passport.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Tunner leaves, what does Kit spend her days doing?
2. What does Kit throw at Tunner when she orders him out of her bedroom in Boussif?
3. Which of the following items is NOT something Port demands from Kit upon returning home from his walk?
4. What is the name of Lieutenant D'Armagnac's servant?
5. What is the name of the hotel concierge who takes Port to a brothel?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)