|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Tea in the Sahara: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage does Smail offer to Port after his walk?
2. Why doesn't Kit want Port to tell Tunner about his recurring dream?
(a) Because Tunner is deaf.
(b) Because the dream will frighten Tunner.
(c) Because she doesn't trust Tunner.
(d) Because she thinks the dream is boring.
3. What animal does Port hear screaming while he is having a conversation with Smail?
(a) A cat.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A bird.
(d) A goat.
4. Which of the following characters is a firm believer in omens?
5. At the opening of the novel, which war is taking place?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language do the servants at Port's hotel speak?
2. On what type of bed does Smail sleep?
3. What do the prostitutes in Marhnia's story long to do in the desert?
4. Which of the following adjectives is NOT one Port uses to describe the streets of Oran?
5. From Smail's home, what color do the mountains look to Port?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)