|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Tea in the Sahara: Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of the novel, which war is taking place?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Civil War.
2. What does Eric Lyle's mother berate him for doing?
(a) Biting his nails.
3. What color are the scarves the men are wearing in the restaurant Smail takes Port to?
4. Which continent are Port and Kit traveling through?
(b) South America.
(c) North America.
5. How does Kit respond when Tunner wraps his arms around her on the train?
(a) She leans into him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She leaves the cabin.
(d) She kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. From Smail's home, what color do the mountains look to Port?
2. How many glasses of champagne does Kit drink after returning from the fourth-class cabin?
3. In what type of building does Smail live?
4. What does Eric claim to do for a living?
5. What beverage do the Arabs drink on the terrace of the Cafe d'Eckmuhl-Noisuex?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)