|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Tea in the Sahara: Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lyle do for a living?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a writer.
(c) She is a doctor.
(d) She is a lawyer.
2. What do the prostitutes in Marhnia's story long to do in the desert?
(a) Drink tea.
(c) Build a home.
(d) Release demons.
3. What does Kit believe is the best way to medicate pain?
(a) By going shopping.
(b) By smoking a cigarette.
(c) By punching a wall.
(d) By drinking champagne.
4. What country is Eric Lyle from?
5. What animal does Port hear screaming while he is having a conversation with Smail?
(a) A bird.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A goat.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening scene of the novel, how does Port feel when he awakens from a dream?
2. What nationality is Smail?
3. What is Eric Lyle's drink of choice?
4. Which of the following characters is a firm believer in omens?
5. How does Port feel about Eric's overbearing mother?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)