|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Antonia reveal to Penelope?
(a) She is breaking up with Danus.
(b) She loves Danus.
(c) She is returning to Spain.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. Why is Noel angry at his mother?
(a) She cut him out of her will.
(b) She took Antonia on the trip.
(c) She fired Danus.
(d) She sold the paintings.
3. Who informs Olivia that Penelope has died?
(a) Mr. Evermore.
(b) Mrs. Snopes.
(c) Mrs. Plackett.
(d) Miss Granger.
4. What does Olivia throw into the fireplace?
(a) A newspaper clipping.
(b) A photo.
(c) A map.
(d) A dried corsage.
5. What does Lawrence notice about Sophie?
(a) She is looking radiant.
(b) She has never been happier.
(c) The war is taking its toll on her.
(d) She is gaining weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Penelope made adjustments to ________________ the day before she died.
2. What does the woman in #90 do after her husband dies?
3. What do Richard and Lawrence do after dinner?
4. What does Penelope realize about her relationship with Ambrose almost from the beginning?
5. Who is killed in the D-Day invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the relationship between Antonia and Danus mirror that of Penelope and Richard's?
2. Why does Danus feel that he must have his medical exams at this point in his life?
3. Why does Penelope have such a fitful night after her appointment in London?
4. Explain how Penelope's trip to Porthkerris provides closure to her life.
5. Under what circumstances does Doris become a permanent resident in the Stern household?
6. Describe Penelope's last few moments in her beloved garden.
7. Why does Penelope's dream of marrying Richard not come true?
8. What are the unhappy implications of Penelope's marriage to Ambrose?
9. What does Penelope do when she learns from Mr. Brookner that the paintings have sold?
10. Where is the painting, The Shell Seekers, now hanging?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)