|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Olivia find in her mother's room?
(a) A dressmaker's form.
(b) A safe.
(c) A letter.
(d) A jewelry box.
2. How is Sophie killed?
(a) She drowns while swimming.
(b) She is in a bad car accident.
(c) She dies during the Blitz bombings in London.
(d) She is shot by an intruder.
3. What is Nancy's demeanor when Penelope calls her from Porthkarris?
4. What are the adjustments that Penelope made the day before she died?
(a) Landscape design.
(b) Bereavement plans.
5. What advice does Penelope give Antonia regarding Danus?
(a) Be cautious before getting married.
(b) Marry him as soon as possible.
(c) Be brave to face whatever comes.
(d) End the relationship now.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Danus been acting around Antonia lately?
2. Why does Penelope have trouble sleeping this night?
3. What does Olivia tell the duo in #164 regarding the will?
4. Who informs Olivia that Penelope has died?
5. What is the result of Danus' medical tests?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the relationship between Antonia and Danus mirror that of Penelope and Richard's?
2. What are the unhappy implications of Penelope's marriage to Ambrose?
3. Who is Roy Brookner?
4. What is revealed about the mysterious appointment Penelope had in London on the day before her death?
5. Describe Penelope's last few moments in her beloved garden.
6. Why is Olivia's support critical to Antonia and Danus' future?
7. What are the circumstances of Sophie's death?
8. How do Nancy and Noel react to news of Penelope's death?
9. What does Penelope do when she learns from Mr. Brookner that the paintings have sold?
10. What is the nature of the letter Olivia finds in her mother's room and what does Olivia do with it?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)