|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lawrence notice about Sophie?
(a) The war is taking its toll on her.
(b) She is gaining weight.
(c) She is looking radiant.
(d) She has never been happier.
2. Where does Antonia accompany Penelope to her appointment?
3. What is the timing of this chapter?
(a) Autumn of 1967.
(b) Spring of 1933.
(c) Christmas of 1945.
(d) Summer of 1943.
4. Where does Penelope go first thing this morning?
(a) The telegraph office.
(b) The art museum.
(c) The train station.
(d) A cafe.
5. What sound does Penelope hear right before she dies?
(a) A man's footsteps.
(b) A dog barking.
(c) A ringing bell.
(d) A Christmas choir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Penelope leave to Antonia in her will?
2. Why are Nancy and Noel mad at Penelope?
3. Why does Danus want to have some medical tests done?
4. Who does Penelope call about Lawrence's paintings?
5. Who is one of the children in the painting in #126?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Penelope do on her last day in Porthkerris?
2. Why does Penelope feel compelled to contact Boothby's without notifying her children?
3. Where is the painting, The Shell Seekers, now hanging?
4. How does the relationship between Antonia and Danus mirror that of Penelope and Richard's?
5. How does Olivia manage to silence Noel and Nancy's protests about Penelope's will?
6. Why does Penelope's dream of marrying Richard not come true?
7. What are the circumstances of Sophie's death?
8. What impact does Sophie's death have on her family?
9. How do Nancy and Noel react to news of Penelope's death?
10. Describe the encounter between Noel and Penelope upon Penelope's return from Porthkerris.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)