|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Richard and Lawrence do after dinner?
(a) Play chess.
(b) Play backgammon.
(c) Drink brandy.
(d) Smoke cigars.
2. Whose husband dies in this chapter?
3. What does Penelope realize about her relationship with Ambrose almost from the beginning?
(a) It has potential.
(b) It will take awhile to develop.
(c) It is the best thing that ever happened to her.
(d) It is a total mistake.
4. How old is Antonia?
5. What painting does Penelope donate to an art museum in Porthkarris?
(a) The Shell Seekers.
(b) The Long Way Home.
(c) Early Morning Mist.
(d) Hydrangea Summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Olivia throw into the fireplace?
2. Why does Penelope have trouble sleeping this night?
3. Who joins Noel at his mother's house on the weekend?
4. Why are Nancy and Noel mad at Penelope?
5. What does Olivia tell the duo in #164 regarding the will?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Penelope's last few moments in her beloved garden.
2. What is the nature of the letter Olivia finds in her mother's room and what does Olivia do with it?
3. Describe the encounter between Noel and Penelope upon Penelope's return from Porthkerris.
4. What does Penelope decide to do with the unfinished Lawrence Stern paintings?
5. Why does Penelope's dream of marrying Richard not come true?
6. How do Nancy and Noel react to news of Penelope's death?
7. What does Penelope do when she learns from Mr. Brookner that the paintings have sold?
8. Where is the painting, The Shell Seekers, now hanging?
9. What impact does Sophie's death have on her family?
10. What reason does Danus give Penelope for why he is returning to Edinburgh?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)