|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sophie's advice to Penelope regarding Ambrose?
(a) Marry him only if she is wholly in love with him.
(b) Marry him as soon as possible.
(c) Hire a private investigator to check his background.
(d) Never marry a man like Ambrose.
2. What does the girlfriend find in the pocket of the coat?
(a) A ticket stub.
(b) A letter.
(d) A watch.
3. Who tells Penelope about the atrocities happening to Jews in Germany?
(a) George Gibson.
(b) Willi Friedmann.
(c) Marvin Levitt.
(d) Richard Goldstein.
4. Who is Olivia and Nancy's brother?
5. Who are Doris' sons?
(a) Ronald and Clark.
(b) Ronald and Chet.
(c) Richard and Clark.
(d) Reggie and Chad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Olivia value more than anything else?
2. Who is Nancy's mother?
3. Who will be staying with Penelope for a little while?
4. What title is Penelope assigned in the group in #74?
5. What make of car does Penelope's father own which Ambrose is enamored with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of Olivia's life as opposed to those of her brother and sister?
2. Why is Antonia's stay with Penelope mutually beneficial?
3. How does Penelope meet Ambrose Keeling?
4. What prompts Penelope to volunteer during the war?
5. What is Nancy's relationship with Penelope?
6. What is Ambrose's real interest in Penelope?
7. Who is Doris Potter and how does she enter into the lives of Penelope's family?
8. Who is Danus Muirfield?
9. How does the author reveal which one of Penelope's children is closest to her?
10. What are some of the major differences between Olivia and Nancy?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)