|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person in #61?
(a) Philip MaGuire.
(b) Cecile Waterton.
(c) Daphne Morrison.
(d) Danus Muirfield.
2. Where does Penelope live?
(a) Miller's Wicket.
(b) Podmore's Thatch.
(c) Bedford at Main.
(d) Sjogren's Village.
3. What is the name of the home where Cosmo has been living?
(a) The Vicarage.
(b) C'an D'alt.
(c) Le Cap d'Antibes.
4. What does Olivia ask Noel to do when he goes to Penelope's house?
(a) Take Antonia with him.
(b) Return some suitcases.
(c) Check on the water heater.
(d) Take some books.
5. Why does the man in #25 intend to visit his mother soon?
(a) To attend a birthday dinner.
(b) To check on her welfare.
(c) To look for old paintings.
(d) To bring her some books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Noel interested in Amabel?
2. What title is Penelope assigned in the group in #74?
3. What news does Penelope recall hearing while on this holiday?
4. Penelope remembers what life was like when she was ______________.
5. Who is Penelope's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Penelope to volunteer during the war?
2. What are some of the major differences between Olivia and Nancy?
3. What importance do Noel and Nancy place on the Lawrence Stern paintings?
4. What is the flashback Penelope has to when she was nineteen?
5. How does Penelope meet Ambrose Keeling?
6. Why is Antonia's stay with Penelope mutually beneficial?
7. What is the irony of Olivia's life as opposed to those of her brother and sister?
8. What is Nancy's relationship with Penelope?
9. How does the author reveal which one of Penelope's children is closest to her?
10. Why is volunteer work during the war not a good choice for Penelope?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)