|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Doris' last name?
2. What is Olivia's job at the magazine?
(a) Advertising Director.
(b) Editorial Director.
(c) Managing Editor.
3. How valuable are Lawrence Stern's sketches?
(a) They are very valuable.
(b) They are moderately valuable.
(c) They are yard sale treasures.
(d) They are has-beens.
4. What shocking news does Olivia receive?
(a) Noel is paralyzed.
(b) Nancy is getting a divorce.
(c) Penelope has had a stroke.
(d) Cosmo is dead.
5. Who is Nancy's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Penelope remembers what life was like when she was ______________.
2. In what town was the vacation house located?
3. Which of Lawrence Stern's paintings is Noel particularly interested in?
4. Who is Penelope's mother?
5. What is Nancy's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Antonia's stay with Penelope mutually beneficial?
2. Why is volunteer work during the war not a good choice for Penelope?
3. Which sister--Olivia or Nancy--is the one who is able to get things accomplished?
4. What is Ambrose's real interest in Penelope?
5. Why does Noel exhibit such callous behavior toward his mother?
6. What is Nancy's relationship with Penelope?
7. Who is Doris Potter and how does she enter into the lives of Penelope's family?
8. How does the author reveal which one of Penelope's children is closest to her?
9. Who is Danus Muirfield?
10. What is the nature of Antonia's phone call to Olivia and how does it change Olivia's plans with Hank?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)