|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nancy reads an article about a painting created by ____________________.
(a) Lawrence Stern.
(b) Claude Monet.
(c) Edward Hopper.
2. For how long are the man in #25 and his girlfriend going away in Chapter 4?
(a) A weekend.
(b) A year.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
3. Which child does Penelope call when she arrives home?
4. What type of car does the man in #25 drive?
5. What is the topic of the letter Amabel finds?
(a) A murder confession.
(b) The break-up of a love affair.
(c) The value of Stern's oil sketches.
(d) The identification of a birth parent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Olivia ask Noel to do when he goes to Penelope's house?
2. What is Olivia's job at the magazine?
3. What title is Penelope assigned in the group in #74?
4. What name does Ambrose's mother want Penelope to call her after the wedding?
5. Who joins Olivia and the man in #17 in Ibiza?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which sister--Olivia or Nancy--is the one who is able to get things accomplished?
2. How is Noel like his sister, Nancy?
3. Why is Antonia's stay with Penelope mutually beneficial?
4. What is Noel's real purpose for visiting his mother's house?
5. What is the irony of Olivia's life as opposed to those of her brother and sister?
6. What importance do Noel and Nancy place on the Lawrence Stern paintings?
7. What prompts Penelope to volunteer during the war?
8. What is the flashback Penelope has to when she was nineteen?
9. Describe the pretentious lifestyle that Nancy and her husband have.
10. What are some of the major differences between Olivia and Nancy?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)