|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the adjustments that Penelope made the day before she died?
(a) Bereavement plans.
(d) Landscape design.
2. What painting does Penelope donate to an art museum in Porthkarris?
(a) The Long Way Home.
(b) Hydrangea Summer.
(c) Early Morning Mist.
(d) The Shell Seekers.
3. Who is the soldier who recognizes Lawrence at the museum?
(a) Philip Reardon.
(b) Richard Lomax.
(c) David Holmes.
(d) Clayton Hall.
4. Where does Penelope say goodbye to Danus?
(a) The art museum.
(b) The airport.
(c) The train station.
(d) The hotel.
5. With what firm is the person in #105 associated?
6. Who arranges Penelope's funeral?
7. What is Penelope reminded of when she goes to the location in #135?
(a) Olivia's apartment.
(b) Divorcing Ambrose.
(c) Her trip to China.
(d) The first time she met Richard.
8. What do Richard and Lawrence do after dinner?
(a) Smoke cigars.
(b) Play chess.
(c) Drink brandy.
(d) Play backgammon.
9. What does Penelope feel for her first child?
(a) She is crazy about her.
(b) She feels no love for her.
(c) She is amused by her.
(d) She is scared of her.
10. What does Sophie feel about life in Porthkerris?
(a) It is stimulating.
(b) It is cultural.
(c) It is boring.
(d) It is invigorating.
11. Why is Noel in a bad mood at his mother's house?
(a) He has the flu.
(b) He just broke up with his girlfriend.
(c) He cannot find any paintings.
(d) He learns that he is cut out of the will.
12. About what do Nancy and Noel confront Penelope during the weekend?
(a) Her will.
(b) The paintings.
(c) Her housekeeper.
(d) Her driving.
13. Who is one of the children in the painting in #126?
14. Who will receive the Lawrence Stern sketches?
15. Who is the executor of Penelope's estate?
(a) Philip MaGuire.
(b) Charles Enderby.
(c) James Sloane.
(d) Edward Parsnell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had given the item in #165 to Penelope?
2. What advice does Penelope give Antonia regarding Danus?
3. Why does Penelope have trouble sleeping this night?
4. Where do Richard and Penelope make love for the first time?
5. How does Penelope feel when she awakens in Chapter 13?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)