|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Nancy and Noel mad at Penelope?
(a) She has sold the paintings.
(b) She gave the paintings to Olivia.
(c) She cut them out of her will.
(d) She did not buy them Christmas gifts.
2. Penelope dreams that she will get a letter from Ambrose telling her that _______________________.
(a) his injuries are improving.
(b) he has fallen in love with someone else.
(c) he wants to have another child.
(d) he wants to move to the States after the war.
3. Penelope made adjustments to ________________ the day before she died.
(a) her funeral plans.
(b) her wardrobe.
(c) her will.
(d) her garden.
4. In what town is the home in #85 located?
5. What is the profession of the man in #105?
(a) Interior designer.
(c) Antiques dealer.
(d) Art dealer.
6. Who is the executor of Penelope's estate?
(a) Edward Parsnell.
(b) Charles Enderby.
(c) Philip MaGuire.
(d) James Sloane.
7. What does Penelope realize about her relationship with Ambrose almost from the beginning?
(a) It is the best thing that ever happened to her.
(b) It is a total mistake.
(c) It has potential.
(d) It will take awhile to develop.
8. What does Penelope want more than anything at this point in her life?
(a) Find a husband.
(b) Return to Porthkerris.
(c) Take a Caribbean cruise.
(d) Reunite her children.
9. Penelope picks up cans of ____________ which have washed up on the shore at Porthkerris.
(c) green beans.
10. Who had given the item in #165 to Penelope?
11. What gift does Penelope give to Antonia?
(b) Pearl earrings.
(d) Tennis bracelet.
12. How old is Antonia?
13. What are the adjustments that Penelope made the day before she died?
(a) Bereavement plans.
(d) Landscape design.
14. How is Sophie killed?
(a) She is in a bad car accident.
(b) She drowns while swimming.
(c) She is shot by an intruder.
(d) She dies during the Blitz bombings in London.
15. About what do Nancy and Noel confront Penelope during the weekend?
(a) The paintings.
(b) Her housekeeper.
(c) Her will.
(d) Her driving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true about Antonia?
2. Why does a group of Americans arrive in Porthkerris?
3. Who informs Olivia that Penelope has died?
4. Where does Antonia accompany Penelope to her appointment?
5. What does Olivia find in her mother's room?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)