|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business does Danus want to start?
(b) Interior design shop.
(d) Wine shop.
2. What is the timing of this chapter?
(a) Spring of 1933.
(b) Summer of 1943.
(c) Christmas of 1945.
(d) Autumn of 1967.
3. Where will Danus be going when he leaves Porthkerris today?
4. Who is killed in the D-Day invasion?
5. How does Penelope feel when she awakens in Chapter 13?
6. What is the result of Danus' medical tests?
(a) He does not have epilepsy.
(b) He has Diabetes.
(c) He has Cancer.
(d) He has Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
7. What does Olivia throw into the fireplace?
(a) A map.
(b) A photo.
(c) A dried corsage.
(d) A newspaper clipping.
8. What is Penelope reminded of when she goes to the location in #135?
(a) Olivia's apartment.
(b) Divorcing Ambrose.
(c) The first time she met Richard.
(d) Her trip to China.
9. What disease does Danus think he has?
10. Who accompanies Penelope on a trip to Porthkerris?
(a) Antonia and Danus.
(b) Noel and Danus.
(c) Nancy and George.
(d) Antonia and Olivia.
11. How is Sophie killed?
(a) She dies during the Blitz bombings in London.
(b) She is shot by an intruder.
(c) She is in a bad car accident.
(d) She drowns while swimming.
12. Why are Nancy and Noel mad at Penelope?
(a) She cut them out of her will.
(b) She gave the paintings to Olivia.
(c) She has sold the paintings.
(d) She did not buy them Christmas gifts.
13. About what do Nancy and Noel confront Penelope during the weekend?
(a) Her housekeeper.
(b) The paintings.
(c) Her will.
(d) Her driving.
14. Why does Danus want to have some medical tests done?
(a) To apply for health insurance.
(b) To find out for sure if he has epilepsy.
(c) To get a Civil Services job.
(d) To join the army.
15. Whose husband dies in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Penelope and Antonia when they return from Porthkerris?
2. Who does Penelope call about Lawrence's paintings?
3. How has Danus been acting around Antonia lately?
4. Who is the man who helps Penelope and Doris get by during the war?
5. What holiday does Penelope spend in Porthkarris?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)