|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will be staying with Penelope for a little while?
2. Nancy reads an article about a painting created by ____________________.
(b) Edward Hopper.
(c) Claude Monet.
(d) Lawrence Stern.
3. What does Lawrence ask Sophie to take back to London?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A painting.
(d) Love letters.
4. Where does Penelope ask Olivia to go with her on a little trip?
(b) New York.
5. What does the girlfriend find in the pocket of the coat?
(b) A ticket stub.
(c) A watch.
(d) A letter.
6. Who is the girlfriend of the man in #25?
7. Where does Nancy live?
(c) The Vicarage.
(d) The Barnstable.
8. What does Olivia value more than anything else?
9. Who is Olivia and Nancy's brother?
10. Why can Penelope's parents not attend her wedding?
(a) Her father has the flu.
(b) Their flight was delayed.
(c) They are out of the country.
(d) Her mother was in the hospital.
11. What is the topic of the letter Amabel finds?
(a) The break-up of a love affair.
(b) The value of Stern's oil sketches.
(c) The identification of a birth parent.
(d) A murder confession.
12. Who purchases the Lawrence Stern painting at the auction?
(a) An American.
(b) An Englishman.
(c) A Frenchman.
(d) A German.
13. What is Doris' last name?
14. How long has Cosmo been living in the villa?
(a) 19 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 12 years.
15. To what group is Penelope assigned as a volunteer during the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the man in #25 intend to visit his mother soon?
2. What news does Penelope recall hearing while on this holiday?
3. What is Ambrose's last name?
4. Who are Doris' sons?
5. Which child does Penelope call when she arrives home?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)