|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man in #25 intend to visit his mother soon?
(a) To attend a birthday dinner.
(b) To bring her some books.
(c) To check on her welfare.
(d) To look for old paintings.
2. Who is Penelope expecting after she awakens this morning?
(a) New gardener.
3. Where are the man in #25 and his girlfriend going to get away?
(a) A friend's house.
4. What does Olivia value more than anything else?
5. In what town was the vacation house located?
6. Who are Doris' sons?
(a) Ronald and Clark.
(b) Richard and Clark.
(c) Reggie and Chad.
(d) Ronald and Chet.
7. What does Lawrence ask Sophie to take back to London?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A painting.
(c) Love letters.
(d) A manuscript.
8. Who purchases the Lawrence Stern painting at the auction?
(a) A Frenchman.
(b) An Englishman.
(c) A German.
(d) An American.
9. Who does Nancy think is the only person who ever understood her?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her first boyfriend.
(d) Her grandmother.
10. What is Doris' last name?
11. Who joins Olivia and the man in #17 in Ibiza?
12. What is Hank's nationality?
13. To what group is Penelope assigned as a volunteer during the war?
14. What news does Penelope recall hearing while on this holiday?
(a) The cottage has burned down.
(b) The country is at war.
(c) Her father has drowned.
(d) Her mother is ill.
15. What does Olivia ask Noel to do when he goes to Penelope's house?
(a) Return some suitcases.
(b) Take Antonia with him.
(c) Take some books.
(d) Check on the water heater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship is Lawrence Stern to Olivia, Nancy and Noel?
2. Penelope remembers what life was like when she was ______________.
3. Who was Ambrose?
4. Who is Olivia and Nancy's brother?
5. What is Nancy's last name?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)