|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Cosmo been living in the villa?
(a) 19 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 25 years.
2. What is the topic of the letter Amabel finds?
(a) The break-up of a love affair.
(b) The value of Stern's oil sketches.
(c) A murder confession.
(d) The identification of a birth parent.
3. Where had Olivia gone with friends in the summer of 1979?
4. Who purchases the Lawrence Stern painting at the auction?
(a) An American.
(b) An Englishman.
(c) A German.
(d) A Frenchman.
5. Who will be staying with Penelope for a little while?
6. Where does Nancy live?
(a) The Barnstable.
(b) The Vicarage.
7. Noel tells his mother that he wants to look for ________________ so he can look for sketches.
(a) his old comic books.
(b) his old squash racket.
(c) his baby pictures.
(d) his old school uniform.
8. How does the person in #61 arrive at Penelope's house?
(a) Drives a car.
(b) Takes a trolley.
(c) Rides a bike.
9. Who is Nancy's husband?
10. With what organization does Penelope volunteer during the war?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) Women's Royal Naval Service.
(d) Florence Nightingale Society.
11. What news does Penelope recall hearing while on this holiday?
(a) Her father has drowned.
(b) Her mother is ill.
(c) The cottage has burned down.
(d) The country is at war.
12. Who was Ambrose?
(a) Penelope's husband.
(b) Penelope's brother.
(c) Penelope's father.
(d) Penelope's professor.
13. What is Nancy's husband's demeanor toward her?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is distant.
(c) He is friendly.
(d) He is passionate.
14. What relationship is Lawrence Stern to Olivia, Nancy and Noel?
(b) Family friend.
15. What title is Penelope assigned in the group in #74?
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Olivia share with Noel?
2. Why is Penelope depressed with her volunteer duties?
3. Who phones Olivia to say she is coming to England for a visit?
4. Nancy reads an article about a painting created by ____________________.
5. How valuable are Lawrence Stern's sketches?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)