1. Where is Penelope returning from as she rides in a taxi at the beginning of the novel?
2. Which child does Penelope call when she arrives home?
3. What is Nancy's last name?
4. Who is Nancy's husband?
5. Where does Nancy live?
6. What is most important to Nancy?
Keeping up appearances.
7. What is Nancy's husband's demeanor toward her?
He is distant.
8. What pastime does Penelope enjoy?
9. Who does Nancy think is the only person who ever understood her?
10. Nancy reads an article about a painting created by ____________________.
11. Who is Nancy's mother?
This section contains 3,322 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)