|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what direction did Feanor sail?
2. Which of the Dark Elves was chief in renown?
3. Who built Tun?
4. Who created the stars?
5. Who could not penetrate the Walls of the World?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the alternate name for the Ambarkanta and what is the Ambarkanta?
2. Where was the Land of the Sun and how much was known about this place?
3. What components does the main map have?
4. What were the Walls of the World and what was their purpose?
5. What was Vaiya and how did it differ above the Earth and below it?
6. Why did the Valar create the Door to Timeless night, and where did it lead?
7. What are the Annals and how do they differ from other parts of the book?
8. Who awoke at the first dawn and what did Fingolfin do at the first moonrise?
9. Which rivers were placed on the Westward Extension Map, and did their names change later?
10. What was Kuma and how was it described? Why did the Valar create the Door of Timeless Night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Morgoth's skill with manipulation. Give examples of ways Morgoth tricked the Gods.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the Gnomes. Who were they? Where did they live?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what happened during the first and second Battle of the Gods. What effect did the first Battle of the Gods have on the ancient Earth? What happened to the Earth in the second Battle of the Gods?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)