|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Finrod's father?
2. How many times did the Land of Dread occur in the Lay of Leithian?
3. When did the Gorge of Aglon first occur?
4. What name was used for Middle-Earth in the main map?
5. Who began to mistrust the Valar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Allfather create in Year 0 and how was time measured before the Sun and Moon came to be?
2. Why do you think the maps in Chapter 4 were included in the book?
3. What components does the main map have?
4. What were the Orc Mountains, and what region did they cover?
5. Why were the Westward and Eastward Extension maps drawn, and how much did they overlap the main map?
6. What was Kuma and how was it described? Why did the Valar create the Door of Timeless Night?
7. What was Vaiya and how did it differ above the Earth and below it?
8. Whose treasure did Morgoth steal and what was the treasure?
9. What were the Walls of the World and what was their purpose?
10. What happened when the First Design was annihilated and who assaulted the land of the Gods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the ways Morgoth disrupted the peace in Valinor.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Morgoth's conflict with the Gods and his imprisonment.
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the oath Maidros took.
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)