|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place had night with no form or time?
2. When did the Gorge of Aglon first occur?
3. When did Feanor travel to Mithrim?
4. How many times did the Land of Dread occur in the Lay of Leithian?
5. What was in the North and South?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the Orc Mountains, and what region did they cover?
2. What was Vaiya and how did it differ above the Earth and below it?
3. When does the Isle of the Werewolves first appear and where is it originally placed on the map?
4. What is the alternate name for the Ambarkanta and what is the Ambarkanta?
5. Whom did Morgoth hold hostage, and what did Morgoth finally do to this hostage?
6. Would you understand the maps in Chapter 4 without the commentaries?
7. What components does the main map have?
8. Why were the Westward and Eastward Extension maps drawn, and how much did they overlap the main map?
9. Why do you think the maps in Chapter 4 were included in the book?
10. How long was Morgoth imprisoned in Mandos and how long was that in Valian years?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Feanor and analyze his character.
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the Battle of Unnumbered Tears. Who fought in this battle? Who was victorious?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the ways Morgoth disrupted the peace in Valinor.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)