|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the mother of Turin?
2. Who told Feanor that Finnweg and Fingolfin planned to take away his leadership of the Gnomes?
3. Who tricked the Gods?
4. Who did Glomund taunt?
5. What adjective was used to describe Maidros?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose treasure did Morgoth steal and what was the treasure?
2. Would you understand the maps in Chapter 4 without the commentaries?
3. Why did the Valar create the Door to Timeless night, and where did it lead?
4. What two conflicts did the Gnomes face?
5. When did the Gods retreat, and after their retreat, what did they create?
6. What did the Allfather create in Year 0 and how was time measured before the Sun and Moon came to be?
7. Who made two lamps to light the world and what happened to them?
8. In what ways did Morgoth cause trouble?
9. What happened when the First Design was annihilated and who assaulted the land of the Gods?
10. Who made the Silmarils, what were they, and how were they kept safe?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the ways Morgoth disrupted the peace in Valinor.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Sun and the Moon. How are the different from the non-fictitious sun and moon?
Essay Topic 3
What do the Walls of The World surround and what is their purpose?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)