|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the colors of the Gnomes?
2. What was the ship that Tuor built called?
3. Who made a ladder for Morgoth?
4. Who were the texts in this book written by?
5. What was the alternate name for "the folk of the harp?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Turgon spend so much time away from his people, and where did he go when he wanted to be alone?
2. How did Fingolin die?
3. Based on what you have read in Chapter 1, what do you predict about Morgoth throughout the story?
4. What major mistake did the Valar make with Morgoth?
5. How did Chapter 2 differ from Chapter 1?
6. Who was the king of the Eagles, and how was he important after Fingolin's death?
7. In what ways did Morgoth cause trouble?
8. Why did Morgoth want to destroy the Eldar?
9. Who was Feanor and why was he important in the story?
10. Why were the Elves immortal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the judgment of the Gods. When does it occur and whom does it affect?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the Elves particular type of immortality. Can Elves be killed?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the Silmarils and their importance in Morgoth's eyes.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)