|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons did Feanor have?
2. Who led Turin to Nargothrond?
3. Who was sent to put Morgoth in chains?
4. Whom did Tuor attempt to rescue from the sack of the city?
5. What were the colors of the Gnomes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on what you have read in Chapter 1, what do you predict about Morgoth throughout the story?
2. Who made the Silmarils, what were they, and how were they kept safe?
3. Who was Feanor and why was he important in the story?
4. Did J.R.R. Tolkien describe the Gnomes in Chapter 1?
5. In what ways did Morgoth cause trouble?
6. What two conflicts did the Gnomes face?
7. Who was Gelmir, who were his people, and why was he important to the story?
8. What is prose, what are prose fragments, and why were they used throughout Chapter 1?
9. Who was the king of the Eagles, and how was he important after Fingolin's death?
10. How did Chapter 2 differ from Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the Walls of The World surround and what is their purpose?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what happened during the first and second Battle of the Gods. What effect did the first Battle of the Gods have on the ancient Earth? What happened to the Earth in the second Battle of the Gods?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the Silmarils and their importance in Morgoth's eyes.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)