|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Delin's soldier's strength?
2. Who was Dior's daughter?
3. Who was banished from Tun?
4. Who trapped Isfin?
5. Who didn't dare to cross the Grinding Ice?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 173, what did Morgoth do in Beleriand and who held still despite this?
2. Who made two lamps to light the world and what happened to them?
3. Why did Morgoth want to destroy the Eldar?
4. Which map depicts where Angband was located during the period of Hurin's children, and which battle was placed on this map?
5. When did the Sun and the Moon appear and who created them?
6. What other name could the Gnomes be called, and how did they come to be known as Gnomes?
7. What two conflicts did the Gnomes face?
8. Whose treasure did Morgoth steal and what was the treasure?
9. Why were the Elves immortal?
10. How did Fingolin die?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the Gnomes. Who were they? Where did they live?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the days and nights in Valinor. How do the days in Valinor differ from the days in Middle-earth?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Elves and analyze their role in the World.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)