Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who desired to posses Idril?
2. How many armies did Gelmir control?
3. Where did Turgon wander alone?
4. Who took Maidros captive?
5. What were the colors of the Gnomes?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did the Gods retreat, and after their retreat, what did they create?
2. What happened to many of the messengers that attempted to take the road from Outer-Earth to Valinor?
3. Did Morgoth get away unscathed when he stole the Silmarils?
4. Who was to inherit the Earth, and what would become of the Elves?
5. When did Morgoth begin to grow in power and when did he begin the Orc-raids?
6. Whose treasure did Morgoth steal and what was the treasure?
7. What was Vaiya and how did it differ above the Earth and below it?
8. Why did Christopher Tolkien add commentary to the prose fragments?
9. Why did Turgon spend so much time away from his people, and where did he go when he wanted to be alone?
10. Who was Gelmir, who were his people, and why was he important to the story?
Describe the Balrogs and analyze their role in The Terrible Last Battle. For whom did they fight and why did they fight?
Describe Morgoth's skill with manipulation. Give examples of ways Morgoth tricked the Gods.
Describe the Valar. How many chieftains did they have?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)