|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Feanor's father?
2. Who was Turgon's sister?
3. What were the alternate names for orcs?
4. What pass did Morgoth escape through?
5. For how long did each of the trees that Yavanna planted wane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Morgoth get away unscathed when he stole the Silmarils?
2. Did J.R.R. Tolkien describe the Gnomes in Chapter 1?
3. What other name could the Gnomes be called, and how did they come to be known as Gnomes?
4. Who created the World, what was his name, which beings did he create first, and which beings did he create second?
5. Name some major ways in which the Elves were different from the Men.
6. What major mistake did the Valar make with Morgoth?
7. How did the Men and Elves behave with each other?
8. Who was the chief of the Dark-Elves and what was he enchanted by?
9. What qualities did Morgoth possess, and were any of them good?
10. Who was the king of the Eagles, and how was he important after Fingolin's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Melko and explain why the Gnomes named him Morgoth Bauglir.
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the Battle of Unnumbered Tears. Who fought in this battle? Who was victorious?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Morgoth's conflict with the Gods and his imprisonment.
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)