|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Tuor take with him to sail on his ship?
2. To where did the Orcs retreat?
3. What was Delin's soldier's strength?
4. What texts were explained in the first chapter?
5. Where did Turgon wander alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Westward and Eastward Extension maps drawn, and how much did they overlap the main map?
2. Who besieged Sirion and whom assisted them?
3. Did J.R.R. Tolkien describe the Gnomes in Chapter 1?
4. How did Fingolin die?
5. What happened in Year 500?
6. What is the alternate name for the Ambarkanta and what is the Ambarkanta?
7. Based on what you have read in Chapter 1, what do you predict about Morgoth throughout the story?
8. Would you understand the maps in Chapter 4 without the commentaries?
9. Why do you think the maps in Chapter 4 were included in the book?
10. Did Morgoth get away unscathed when he stole the Silmarils?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Elves and analyze their role in the World.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the judgment of the Gods. When does it occur and whom does it affect?
Essay Topic 3
How does Morgoth assert and build on his power? Name several ways.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)