|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Delin's soldier's strength?
2. Where did the Gnomes gather by torchlight in the last segment of Chapter 1?
3. Who formed a league against Morgoth?
4. Whose power did Ulmo fear?
5. How many armies did Gelmir control?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who created the World, what was his name, which beings did he create first, and which beings did he create second?
2. Who was Feanor and why was he important in the story?
3. Who was Melko, what was his alternate name, and why was he given this alternate name?
4. Who made two lamps to light the world and what happened to them?
5. How did the Men and Elves behave with each other?
6. In what ways did Morgoth cause trouble?
7. Who was the chief of the Dark-Elves and what was he enchanted by?
8. Name some major ways in which the Elves were different from the Men.
9. Why did Morgoth want to destroy the Eldar?
10. Who was Gelmir, who were his people, and why was he important to the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Balrogs and analyze their role in The Terrible Last Battle. For whom did they fight and why did they fight?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the Elves particular type of immortality. Can Elves be killed?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the days and nights in Valinor. How do the days in Valinor differ from the days in Middle-earth?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)