Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who desired to posses Idril?
2. How many armies did Gelmir control?
3. Where did Turgon wander alone?
4. Who took Maidros captive?
5. What were the colors of the Gnomes?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did the Gods retreat, and after their retreat, what did they create?
2. What happened to many of the messengers that attempted to take the road from Outer-Earth to Valinor?
3. Did Morgoth get away unscathed when he stole the Silmarils?
4. Who was to inherit the Earth, and what would become of the Elves?
5. When did Morgoth begin to grow in power and when did he begin the Orc-raids?
6. Whose treasure did Morgoth steal and what was the treasure?
7. What was Vaiya and how did it differ above the Earth and below it?
8. Why did Christopher Tolkien add commentary to the prose fragments?
9. Why did Turgon spend so much time away from his people, and where did he go when he wanted to be alone?
10. Who was Gelmir, who were his people, and why was he important to the story?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Morgoth's conflict with the Gods and his imprisonment.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the Gnomes. Who were they? Where did they live?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the oath Maidros took.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)