|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the Noldoli?
2. Where did the Gnomes gather by torchlight in the last segment of Chapter 1?
3. Who was the chief of the folk of the Harp?
4. What were the people called who began to dwell around the lake of Mithrim?
5. Who was the mother of Turin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on what you have read in Chapter 1, what do you predict about Morgoth throughout the story?
2. Who was Feanor and why was he important in the story?
3. Why were the Elves immortal?
4. What qualities did Morgoth possess, and were any of them good?
5. What did Ulmo want the Valinor to do and why?
6. What other name could the Gnomes be called, and how did they come to be known as Gnomes?
7. Who was to inherit the Earth, and what would become of the Elves?
8. How did Chapter 2 differ from Chapter 1?
9. What major mistake did the Valar make with Morgoth?
10. Why did Morgoth want to destroy the Eldar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the Battle of Unnumbered Tears. Who fought in this battle? Who was victorious?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what happened during the first and second Battle of the Gods. What effect did the first Battle of the Gods have on the ancient Earth? What happened to the Earth in the second Battle of the Gods?
Essay Topic 3
What do the Walls of The World surround and what is their purpose?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)