|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Ulmo speak to about the need of the Elves?
2. What was Delin's soldier's strength?
3. What was the ship that Tuor built called?
4. What were the names of Gelmir's sons?
5. What element was Ulmo lord of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the chief of the Dark-Elves and what was he enchanted by?
2. What two conflicts did the Gnomes face?
3. Why did Christopher Tolkien add commentary to the prose fragments?
4. How did the Men and Elves behave with each other?
5. Who was Feanor and why was he important in the story?
6. What did Ulmo want the Valinor to do and why?
7. How did Chapter 2 differ from Chapter 1?
8. Name some major ways in which the Elves were different from the Men.
9. What qualities did Morgoth possess, and were any of them good?
10. Why were the Elves immortal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Feanor and analyze his character.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Balrogs and analyze their role in The Terrible Last Battle. For whom did they fight and why did they fight?
Essay Topic 3
What do the Walls of The World surround and what is their purpose?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)