|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Feanor's father?
2. Who was Turgon?
3. Who led Turin to Nargothrond?
4. Who did Finrod's sons side with?
5. What did Celegorm and Curufin find?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Morgoth get away unscathed when he stole the Silmarils?
2. Who was Gelmir, who were his people, and why was he important to the story?
3. What is prose, what are prose fragments, and why were they used throughout Chapter 1?
4. What major mistake did the Valar make with Morgoth?
5. In what ways did Morgoth cause trouble?
6. What happened to many of the messengers that attempted to take the road from Outer-Earth to Valinor?
7. What other name could the Gnomes be called, and how did they come to be known as Gnomes?
8. Who made the Silmarils, what were they, and how were they kept safe?
9. Why did Turgon spend so much time away from his people, and where did he go when he wanted to be alone?
10. Who was Melko, what was his alternate name, and why was he given this alternate name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the Elves particular type of immortality. Can Elves be killed?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the ways Morgoth disrupted the peace in Valinor.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Morgoth's fortress. Where was Morgoth's fortress built?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)