|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Orc-Mountains located?
(a) In the West.
(b) In the North.
(c) In the East.
(d) In the South.
2. When did Feanor travel to Mithrim?
3. Where were the Walls of the Sun?
(a) In the East of the World.
(b) West of Valinor.
(c) In the North.
(d) In the Southern part of the World.
4. Where was Cristhorn placed?
(a) In the east.
(b) In the mountains South of Gondolin.
(c) In the western mountains.
(d) In the mountains North of Gondolin.
5. Where was Nargothrond now located?
(a) East of Mithrim.
(b) The west bank of Narog.
(c) The east bank of Narog.
(d) South of the Orc-Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Land of the Sun?
2. What was the alternate name for Vista?
3. Where did the Battle of Unnumbered Tears take place?
4. Where did the Valar first descend to Middle-earth?
5. Where was Angband located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Kuma and how was it described? Why did the Valar create the Door of Timeless Night?
2. Which rivers were placed on the Westward Extension Map, and did their names change later?
3. What are the Annals and how do they differ from other parts of the book?
4. What were the Walls of the World and what was their purpose?
5. Would you understand the maps in Chapter 4 without the commentaries?
6. What is the alternate name for the Ambarkanta and what is the Ambarkanta?
7. What happened in Year 500?
8. Why were the Westward and Eastward Extension maps drawn, and how much did they overlap the main map?
9. Why do you think the maps in Chapter 4 were included in the book?
10. What happened when the First Design was annihilated and who assaulted the land of the Gods?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)