|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place had night with no form or time?
2. During what battle did Feanor die?
(a) The First Battle of Beleriand.
(b) The Terrible Battle.
(c) The Last Battle of Beleriand.
(d) The First Battle of the Gods.
3. In what direction did Feanor sail?
4. What did the Ilurambar surround?
(a) The Orc-Mountains.
(b) The World.
(d) Valinor only.
5. Who could escape from Vista?
(a) Manwe's servant and others he permits.
(c) The Gnomes.
(d) The Elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Marshes of Sirion called on the later map?
2. Who built Tun?
3. When was Maidros trapped by Morgoth?
4. Who caused the God's lamps to fall?
5. Where was Middle-Earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Would you understand the maps in Chapter 4 without the commentaries?
2. What is the alternate name for the Ambarkanta and what is the Ambarkanta?
3. Who awoke at the first dawn and what did Fingolfin do at the first moonrise?
4. What happened in Year 500?
5. Whom did Morgoth hold hostage, and what did Morgoth finally do to this hostage?
6. What are the Annals and how do they differ from other parts of the book?
7. When does the Isle of the Werewolves first appear and where is it originally placed on the map?
8. Whose treasure did Morgoth steal and what was the treasure?
9. Where was the Land of the Sun and how much was known about this place?
10. What was Kuma and how was it described? Why did the Valar create the Door of Timeless Night?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)