|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the two trees that provided Valinor's light created?
(a) In the year 1500.
(b) In the year 1000.
(c) In the year 400.
(d) In the year 2000.
2. How much time did the Moon spend in Valinor?
(a) Very much time.
(b) It is constantly in Valinor.
(c) Very little time.
(d) No time.
3. What did Christopher Tolkien comment on in Chapter 4?
(a) On every item in every map.
(b) On the location of Valinor.
(c) On the placement of the Ocr-Mountains.
(d) Where Morgoth lives.
4. Who created the stars?
5. In what worlds did Air exist?
(a) Middle-earth and the Inner Seas.
(b) Middle-earth and Valinor.
(c) Valinor and Dor-Lomin.
(d) The Void and Vista.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Land of the Sun?
2. During what battle did Feanor die?
3. Who was thought to have written the Annals?
4. How many Valian years is nine ages?
5. What did the Gods do after their retreat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What components does the main map have?
2. What happened in Year 500?
3. Why did the Valar create the Door to Timeless night, and where did it lead?
4. Whom did Morgoth hold hostage, and what did Morgoth finally do to this hostage?
5. When does the Isle of the Werewolves first appear and where is it originally placed on the map?
6. When did the Gods retreat, and after their retreat, what did they create?
7. How long was Morgoth imprisoned in Mandos and how long was that in Valian years?
8. What is the alternate name for the Ambarkanta and what is the Ambarkanta?
9. What was Kuma and how was it described? Why did the Valar create the Door of Timeless Night?
10. What did the Allfather create in Year 0 and how was time measured before the Sun and Moon came to be?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)