|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Walls of the Sun?
(a) In the Southern part of the World.
(b) In the East of the World.
(c) In the North.
(d) West of Valinor.
2. Who could not penetrate the Walls of the World?
(a) The Valar.
(b) The Gods.
(c) The Eldar.
(d) The Children of Earth.
3. Where was Nargothrond now located?
(a) South of the Orc-Mountains.
(b) East of Mithrim.
(c) The east bank of Narog.
(d) The west bank of Narog.
4. How many Valian years is nine ages?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 90 years.
(c) 1000 years.
(d) 900 years.
5. Who assaulted the world of the Gods?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Luthien caught by Celegorm and Nargothrond?
2. Who awoke in the East at the first Dawn?
3. When did Feanor travel to Mithrim?
4. Who caused the God's lamps to fall?
5. What did the Gods do after their retreat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom did Morgoth hold hostage, and what did Morgoth finally do to this hostage?
2. What was Kuma and how was it described? Why did the Valar create the Door of Timeless Night?
3. Why do you think the maps in Chapter 4 were included in the book?
4. When does the Isle of the Werewolves first appear and where is it originally placed on the map?
5. Which map depicts where Angband was located during the period of Hurin's children, and which battle was placed on this map?
6. What was Vaiya and how did it differ above the Earth and below it?
7. Where was the Land of the Sun and how much was known about this place?
8. Who is Pengolod and why was he important in Chapter 6?
9. What did the Allfather create in Year 0 and how was time measured before the Sun and Moon came to be?
10. What happened when the First Design was annihilated and who assaulted the land of the Gods?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)