|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose axe slayed a thousand Orcs?
2. What was the sign of Golfin?
(a) Three red arrows.
(b) A golden sword.
(c) A silver bow.
(d) A silver sword upon gold.
3. What were the names of Gelmir's sons?
(a) Luthien, Feanor and Delin.
(b) Golfin, Delin, and Luthien.
(c) Turgon, Feanor and Delin.
(d) Gelmir II, Feanor, and Luthien.
4. What or whom did Elwing cast into the sea?
(a) The Diamond of Valinor.
(c) The Nauglafring.
5. Who made a ladder for Morgoth?
(b) Morgoth himself.
(c) The Gods.
(d) The Orcs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stopped Maidros and Maglor from stealing the Silmarils?
2. What was the alternate name for "the folk of the harp?"
3. To where did the Orcs retreat?
4. What tale did Turlin and the Exiles of Gondolin relate to?
5. Whom did Ulmo speak to about the need of the Elves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who created the World, what was his name, which beings did he create first, and which beings did he create second?
2. Who was the chief of the Dark-Elves and what was he enchanted by?
3. What qualities did Morgoth possess, and were any of them good?
4. Who made the Silmarils, what were they, and how were they kept safe?
5. What happened to many of the messengers that attempted to take the road from Outer-Earth to Valinor?
6. Did J.R.R. Tolkien describe the Gnomes in Chapter 1?
7. Who made two lamps to light the world and what happened to them?
8. Why did Morgoth want to destroy the Eldar?
9. Who was Melko, what was his alternate name, and why was he given this alternate name?
10. Who was Feanor and why was he important in the story?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)