|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tricked the Gods?
(a) The Valar.
(b) The Men.
2. Who led Turin to Nargothrond?
3. What was Turgon's harp strung with?
(a) Roots from the ground.
(b) Vines from the trees.
(c) Stems from plants.
(d) The sinews of bears.
4. What characters spoke out against Feanor in the last section of Chapter 1?
(a) Fingolfin and Finweg.
(b) The Gnomes and the Elves.
(c) Feanor's father and the gnomes.
(d) Turgon and Finweg.
5. Whom did Tuor take with him to sail on his ship?
(b) The Eldars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Finrod's sons side with?
2. Who was Dior's daughter?
3. Who went to gather gloom for Morgoth?
4. Whom did the Gnomes meet at Angband?
5. What were the colors of the Gnomes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Fingolin die?
2. Who made two lamps to light the world and what happened to them?
3. Who was Feanor and why was he important in the story?
4. How did the Men and Elves behave with each other?
5. Name some major ways in which the Elves were different from the Men.
6. Why did Christopher Tolkien add commentary to the prose fragments?
7. What did Ulmo want the Valinor to do and why?
8. What happened to many of the messengers that attempted to take the road from Outer-Earth to Valinor?
9. How did Chapter 2 differ from Chapter 1?
10. Who made the Silmarils, what were they, and how were they kept safe?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)