|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Hurin's wife?
(a) An Orc.
2. Who desired to posses Idril?
3. What was the alternate name of the Balrog chief?
4. Who was the chief of the folk of the Harp?
5. Who took Maidros captive?
(b) The Gnomes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the Gnomes meet at Angband?
2. Who did Finrod's sons side with?
3. What were the colors of the Gnomes?
4. How many sons did Feanor have?
5. Whom did Tuor attempt to rescue from the sack of the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did J.R.R. Tolkien describe the Gnomes in Chapter 1?
2. Who was the chief of the Dark-Elves and what was he enchanted by?
3. What major mistake did the Valar make with Morgoth?
4. How did Chapter 2 differ from Chapter 1?
5. Who was Melko, what was his alternate name, and why was he given this alternate name?
6. Who was the king of the Eagles, and how was he important after Fingolin's death?
7. What other name could the Gnomes be called, and how did they come to be known as Gnomes?
8. What is prose, what are prose fragments, and why were they used throughout Chapter 1?
9. Why did Morgoth want to destroy the Eldar?
10. Why did Christopher Tolkien add commentary to the prose fragments?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)