|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Luthien caught by Celegorm and Nargothrond?
(a) In Doriah.
(b) In the East.
(c) By the Sirion river.
(d) In Gondolin.
2. What did the Gods do to Middle-earth to protect themselves?
(a) They lit Middle-earth.
(b) They bent Middle-earth.
(c) They darkened Middle-earth.
(d) They destroyed Middle-earth.
3. What was the alternate name for Vista?
4. What was in the East?
(a) Unimportant areas.
(c) The Orc-Mountains.
5. Where did the Valar first descend to Middle-earth?
(a) The center.
(b) The south.
(c) The west.
(d) The north.
6. Where was Middle-Earth?
(a) In the Void.
(b) Just outside of Dor-Lomin.
(c) In the center of the World.
(d) In the middle of Valinor.
7. When did Feanor travel to Mithrim?
8. Who caused the God's lamps to fall?
(a) The Valar.
9. When did Ingwil appear?
(a) In the Ambarkanta.
(b) In the Lay of Leithian.
(c) In the Fall of Gondolin.
(d) In the Lay of the Children of Hurin.
10. When was Maidros trapped by Morgoth?
11. Who was Finrod's father?
12. Where did the Battle of Unnumbered Tears take place?
(a) In the West.
(b) In the South.
(c) In the North.
(d) In the East.
13. Which of the Dark Elves was chief in renown?
14. Where did Morgoth kill Maidros?
(a) In Valinor.
(b) In Dor-Lomin.
(c) In Middle-Earth.
(d) On the mountain Thangorodrim.
15. Where were the Orc-Mountains located?
(a) In the West.
(b) In the North.
(c) In the East.
(d) In the South.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Nargothrond now located?
2. Who could pass the Vaiya?
3. How many times was the Realm of Narog found in the text?
4. Who was thought to have written the Annals?
5. Where was Ylmir's Way?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)