|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Nargothrond now located?
(a) The west bank of Narog.
(b) The east bank of Narog.
(c) East of Mithrim.
(d) South of the Orc-Mountains.
2. Who awoke in the East at the first Dawn?
(c) The Valar.
3. Who began to mistrust the Valar?
(a) The Deep-Elves.
(b) The Gnomes.
(c) The Allfather.
(d) The Noldoli.
4. What was above the Earth?
(d) The Void.
5. What was the most southerly tributary of Gelion?
(a) Adurant, River.
(c) Brilthor, River.
(d) Ascar, River.
6. Who could not penetrate the Walls of the World?
(a) The Valar.
(b) The Children of Earth.
(c) The Gods.
(d) The Eldar.
7. Who assaulted the world of the Gods?
8. What were the Marshes of Sirion called on the later map?
(a) Fens of Sirion.
(b) Hills of Sirion.
(c) Waters of Sirion.
(d) Isle of Sirion.
9. For how many years was Morgoth imprisoned in Mandos?
(a) 9 years.
(b) Nine ages.
(c) Ten ages.
(d) 10 years.
10. When were the two trees that provided Valinor's light created?
(a) In the year 1000.
(b) In the year 2000.
(c) In the year 400.
(d) In the year 1500.
11. What did Christopher Tolkien comment on in Chapter 4?
(a) On the location of Valinor.
(b) On the placement of the Ocr-Mountains.
(c) Where Morgoth lives.
(d) On every item in every map.
12. Where was the World found?
(b) The Void.
13. When did Feanor travel to Mithrim?
14. Who was thought to have written the Annals?
(c) The Noldoli.
(d) The Valar.
15. When did Morgoth destroy the lamps that lit the World?
(a) In the year 500.
(b) In 1000.
(c) In 677.
(d) In 200.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Luthien caught by Celegorm and Nargothrond?
2. Where was the Sirion river located?
3. How many times was the Realm of Narog found in the text?
4. Where were the Orc-Mountains located?
5. In what worlds did Air exist?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)