|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years was Morgoth imprisoned in Mandos?
(a) Nine ages.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) Ten ages.
2. What did Christopher Tolkien comment on in Chapter 4?
(a) On the location of Valinor.
(b) On every item in every map.
(c) Where Morgoth lives.
(d) On the placement of the Ocr-Mountains.
3. Where did Morgoth kill Maidros?
(a) In Middle-Earth.
(b) On the mountain Thangorodrim.
(c) In Valinor.
(d) In Dor-Lomin.
4. How many times was the Realm of Narog found in the text?
5. What was the alternate name for Vista?
6. What was the air called that lies above Vista?
(a) The Void.
7. What was the second tributary of Gelion?
8. Where was Gondolin?
(a) The East.
(b) The West.
(c) The South.
(d) The North.
9. How often were clouds seen in Valinor?
10. Who created the stars?
11. In what worlds did Air exist?
(a) The Void and Vista.
(b) Valinor and Dor-Lomin.
(c) Middle-earth and the Inner Seas.
(d) Middle-earth and Valinor.
12. What did the Gods do to Middle-earth to protect themselves?
(a) They bent Middle-earth.
(b) They destroyed Middle-earth.
(c) They lit Middle-earth.
(d) They darkened Middle-earth.
13. What was the Ambarkanta called?
(b) The Shape of the World.
(c) The Shaping of Middle-earth.
(d) The Creation of Valinor.
14. Who created the Earth?
(b) The Valar.
15. What did the Ilurambar surround?
(a) Valinor only.
(b) The World.
(c) The Orc-Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the East?
2. Who could escape from Vista?
3. Who was thought to have written the Annals?
4. What were the Marshes of Sirion called on the later map?
5. Who could pass the Vaiya?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)