|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose axe slayed a thousand Orcs?
2. What was the alternate name for "the folk of the harp?"
(a) Dark Elves.
(b) The Tunglin.
(c) The Gnomes.
(d) The Elves of Kor.
3. Whom did Sorontur report to?
4. Who did Manwe summon to the council?
(b) The Eldars.
(c) The Silmarils.
(d) Ifan Belaurin.
5. Where did Turgon wander alone?
(a) In Mithrim.
(b) In the Vale of Niniach.
(c) In Dor-Lomin.
(d) In the Great Lands.
6. What did Turgon do when people began to come from afar to listen to his songs?
(a) He went to the mountains.
(b) He played even louder.
(c) He felt shy and stopped playing.
(d) He went into the town.
7. What was the alternate name for the encampment of Mithrim?
8. Who led Turin to Nargothrond?
9. Who was Hurin's wife?
(c) An Orc.
10. Where did the Elves live?
(a) In the Blissful Realm.
(b) In the Valar.
(c) In Dor-Lomin
(d) In Valinor.
11. Who wounded Feanor in battle?
(a) The King of the Orcs.
(b) A gnome.
(d) A Balrog Chief.
12. What adjective was used to describe Maidros?
13. With what did Christopher Tolkien open each section of text?
(a) A quote.
(b) An explanation of the texts in the previous chapter.
(c) An explanation of the texts.
(d) A poem.
14. What was the alternate name for Idril?
(d) Eagle's Eye.
15. Who trapped Isfin?
(a) The Gnomes.
(b) The Dark Elf Eol.
(d) The Men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon were the Elves very good with?
2. Who went to gather gloom for Morgoth?
3. Where was Finrod killed?
4. What element was Ulmo lord of?
5. Who named Dor-Lomin "Hisilome?"
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)