|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who trapped Isfin?
(a) The Men.
(c) The Gnomes.
(d) The Dark Elf Eol.
2. What pass did Morgoth escape through?
3. Who was the chief of the folk of the Harp?
4. Whom did the Gnomes of Nargothrond refuse to be lead by?
(a) The Elves.
5. Who did Finrod's sons side with?
(a) Tunglin's sons.
(c) Feanor's sons.
6. Who was Turgon's sister?
7. Who took the unbreakable oath by Timbrenting?
(a) Feanor and his sons.
(c) The Gnomes.
8. What were the names of Gelmir's sons?
(a) Gelmir II, Feanor, and Luthien.
(b) Luthien, Feanor and Delin.
(c) Turgon, Feanor and Delin.
(d) Golfin, Delin, and Luthien.
9. Who was sent to put Morgoth in chains?
10. What were the people called who began to dwell around the lake of Mithrim?
(a) Tunglin or Folk of the Harp.
(b) Elfin kindreds.
(c) Dark Elves.
11. What was Turgon's harp strung with?
(a) Roots from the ground.
(b) Vines from the trees.
(c) Stems from plants.
(d) The sinews of bears.
12. To where did the Orcs retreat?
13. Who told Feanor that Finnweg and Fingolfin planned to take away his leadership of the Gnomes?
(c) The Nolodi.
14. To whom were the Outer Lands given?
(b) The Men.
(c) The Elves.
(d) The sons of Feanor.
15. What characters spoke out against Feanor in the last section of Chapter 1?
(a) Feanor's father and the gnomes.
(b) The Gnomes and the Elves.
(c) Fingolfin and Finweg.
(d) Turgon and Finweg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Morgoth give jewels?
2. Who took Maidros captive?
3. Who was the mother of Turin?
4. What man did the prophecy speak of?
5. Whose power did Ulmo fear?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)