|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Delin's soldier's strength?
(a) Wielding bows and arrows.
(b) Wielding swords.
(c) Wielding long elfin spears.
(d) Their strength was in their large numbers.
2. Who trapped Isfin?
(a) The Gnomes.
(c) The Men.
(d) The Dark Elf Eol.
3. Who were the texts in this book written by?
(a) J.A. Tolkien.
(b) Mary Tolkien.
(c) J.R.R. Tolkien.
(d) Christopher Tolkien.
4. Who did Manwe summon to the council?
(b) The Eldars.
(c) The Silmarils.
(d) Ifan Belaurin.
5. Who wounded Feanor in battle?
(a) A gnome.
(b) A Balrog Chief.
(c) The King of the Orcs.
6. What was the last Elf stronghold?
7. Who was banished from Tun?
8. To whom were the Outer Lands given?
(b) The Men.
(c) The Elves.
(d) The sons of Feanor.
9. Whom did Sorontur report to?
10. What was the ship that Tuor built called?
(a) The Eagle's Pinion.
(b) The River's Head.
(c) The Eagle's Cleft.
(d) The Mouth of the Sea.
11. What element was Ulmo lord of?
(a) The Air .
(b) The Waters.
(c) The Earth.
(d) The Fire.
12. Who was Feanor's father?
13. What weapon were the Elves very good with?
(a) The Bow.
(b) The Axe.
(c) The Spear.
(d) The Sword.
14. Whom did Tuor attempt to rescue from the sack of the city?
15. What two adjectives were used to describe the road from the Outer Earth to Valinor?
(a) Hard and evil.
(b) Dangerous and dark.
(c) Beautiful and scenic.
(d) Fun and easy.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what did Christopher Tolkien open each section of text?
2. Who did Finrod's sons side with?
3. What did Celegorm and Curufin find?
4. What was the alternate name of the Balrog chief?
5. What was Turgon's harp strung with?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)