|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long did each of the trees that Yavanna planted wane?
(a) 7 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) Ten hours.
2. Who wounded Feanor in battle?
(a) A gnome.
(b) A Balrog Chief.
(c) The King of the Orcs.
3. What texts were explained in the first chapter?
(a) A series of character descriptions.
(b) A collection of poems.
(c) Parts of J.R.R. Tolkien's biography.
(d) A series of prose fragments.
4. Who didn't dare to cross the Grinding Ice?
(a) The Elders.
(b) The Gnomes.
(c) The men.
(d) The Deep Elves.
5. Who was Hurin's wife?
(d) An Orc.
6. Who told Feanor that Finnweg and Fingolfin planned to take away his leadership of the Gnomes?
(a) The Nolodi.
7. In the Lost Tales, what did the Gnomes abandon after they made the passage of the ice?
(a) Their food.
(b) Their weapons.
(c) Their ships.
(d) Their families.
8. Who were the Eldalie?
(a) The Eldar.
(b) The people of the Elves.
(c) The people of the Orcs.
(d) The Solosimpi.
9. What was the alternate name for the encampment of Mithrim?
10. What was beyond Artanor?
(a) Forests and wetlands.
(c) Desert and dry plains.
(d) Open lands and treeless hills.
11. What two adjectives were used to describe the road from the Outer Earth to Valinor?
(a) Dangerous and dark.
(b) Beautiful and scenic.
(c) Hard and evil.
(d) Fun and easy.
12. Who took the unbreakable oath by Timbrenting?
(c) The Gnomes.
(d) Feanor and his sons.
13. What was the sign of Golfin?
(a) A silver sword upon gold.
(b) Three red arrows.
(c) A silver bow.
(d) A golden sword.
14. What did Turgon do when people began to come from afar to listen to his songs?
(a) He went into the town.
(b) He played even louder.
(c) He went to the mountains.
(d) He felt shy and stopped playing.
15. Whose power did Ulmo fear?
(a) The power of the Tunglin.
(b) The power of Gondolin.
(c) The power of Melko.
(d) The power of the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Bronweg and Tuor obeying when they traveled North?
2. Who desired to posses Idril?
3. What published work does The Quenta most resemble?
4. How many armies did Gelmir control?
5. What was the alternate name for Idril?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)