|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The First.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Orc-Mountains located?
(a) In the West.
(b) In the East.
(c) In the North.
(d) In the South.
2. Whose power did Ulmo fear?
(a) The power of the Tunglin.
(b) The power of the men.
(c) The power of Gondolin.
(d) The power of Melko.
3. Who did Glomund taunt?
(c) The Gnomes.
4. Where did the Gnomes gather by torchlight in the last segment of Chapter 1?
(b) In the Outer Earth.
(c) In Tun or Cor.
(d) In Middle Earth.
5. How many times did the Land of Dread occur in the Lay of Leithian?
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names of Gelmir's sons?
2. With what did Christopher Tolkien open each section of text?
3. To whom were the Outer Lands given?
4. What was the alternate name for the encampment of Mithrim?
5. How many times was the Realm of Narog found in the text?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)