Chapter 1, Prose Fragments Following the Lost Tales
1. What two adjectives were used to describe the road from the Outer Earth to Valinor?
(a) Fun and easy.
(b) Hard and evil.
(c) Dangerous and dark.
(d) Beautiful and scenic.
2. What were the people called who began to dwell around the lake of Mithrim?
(a) Elfin kindreds.
(b) Tunglin or Folk of the Harp.
(c) Dark Elves.
3. What did Turgon do when people began to come from afar to listen to his songs?
(a) He went to the mountains.
(b) He went into the town.
(c) He played even louder.
(d) He felt shy and stopped playing.
4. Who was Turgon?
(a) One of the elves.
(b) The son of Peleg.
(c) The father of Fengel.
(d) The King of Gondolin.
5. What was Turgon's harp strung with?
(a) Stems from plants.
(b) The sinews of bears.
(c) Vines from the trees.
(d) Roots from the ground.
6. What was Delin's soldier's strength?
(a) Wielding swords.
(b) Wielding long elfin spears.
(c) Wielding bows and arrows.
(d) Their strength was in their large numbers.
This section contains 2,719 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)