Chapter 1, Prose Fragments Following the Lost Tales
• The texts within the book are explained.
• Chapter 1 is a collection of prose fragments written by J.R.R. Tolkien.
• The Men live in the North.
• Turgon is the King of Gondolin.
• A conflict arises between factions of Elves over the influence of magic in the "Outer Earth"
• The Elves are also split about the attitude towards the Dwarves.
Chapter 2, The Earliest
• A conflict arises between Morgoth and his Balrogs, and Orcs and Orome.
• Orome discovers that the Elves have awoken on Earth.
• The Valar have the duty to govern the races on the Earth.
• Morgoth kills the trees.
• The Gnomes are cursed for enslaving some of the Teleri.
• The Elves are immortal and cannot be killed by sickness.
• If the Elves are killed, their souls go to the Hall of Mandos to be reborn again in another 1,000 years.
Chapter 3, The Quenta
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)