|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object that Nynaeve sees in a display case?
2. Where is the leaf key to the Waygate?
3. Who is Lord Luc?
4. Who is the person Nynaeve is observing in the Panarch's Palace?
5. Why does Domon offer to aid Nynaeve, Elayne, Thom, and Juilin in their cause?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it easier for Leane and Siuan to disguise themselves when they escape the White Tower?
2. What does Faile understand about Chiad's feelings about Gaul that Perrin does not know?
3. What are several things that Nynaeve learns as she explores Tel'Aran'Rhiod looking for the object that is dangerous to Rand?
4. Who is Bayle Domon and why does he owe Nynaeve a favor?
5. What secrets are Faile and Perrin still keeping from each other?
6. What excuse does Elaida use to depose Siuan, and how is Elaida being unwittingly manipulated?
7. What does Rand think about the peddler caravan?
8. Discuss the duel between Nynaeve and Moghedien.
9. How are the Two Rivers women and Faile held up as an example to the Whitecloaks?
10. What explanation does Verin give Perrin for her presence in Two Rivers and what are Perrin's thoughts about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jordan synchronizes the action in four chapters by inserting the earthquake that Rand causes into each separate part of the story. Discuss the following:
Does Jordan's technique of showing the impact of the earthquake which Rand causes in four places help tie the story together? Why or why not?
Discuss the impact of the earthquake in each of the four settings in which it is experienced.
Do you think this earthquake is a foreshadowing of something in the future? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following to discuss:
Compare/contrast Rand and Mat.
Compare/contrast Rand and Perrin.
Compare/contrast Mat and Perrin.
Essay Topic 3
Mat and Rand ask the Wise Ones permission to enter Rhuidean. Discuss the following:
What is Rhuidean and why do you think potential Wise Ones and Clan Chiefs must go there before assuming their duties as Wise Ones and Clan Chiefs?
Why do the Wise Ones give Rand and Mat permission to enter Rhuidean? What does this break from tradition perhaps foreshadow?
Describe and analyze Mat's experience in Rhuidean. How much impact do you think his experience in Rhuidean will have on Mat in the future?
This section contains 1,359 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)