|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could the two sa'angreal do?
(a) Perhaps even challenge the dark one.
(b) Create a new dimension.
(c) Conquer the White Tower.
(d) Give Rand the world to rule.
2. Why does the Captain of the Wavedancer agree to take Nynaeve and Elayne to Tanchico?
(a) Because they are Aes Sedai.
(b) Because she is afraid of Nynaeve.
(c) Because she knows Elayne's mother.
(d) Because they are on a mission to help Rand.
3. What does Rand see when he steps out of the other side of the circle?
(a) Aviendha hanging by a rope around her neck.
(b) Mat hanging by a rope around his neck.
(c) Morraine hanging by a rope around her neck.
(d) Muradin hanging by a rope around his neck.
4. What does Amys tell Egwene?
(a) That Egwene needs to marry Rand.
(b) That Egwene is foolish to walk in Tel'Aran'Rhiod.
(c) That Egwene is foolish to join the Aes Sedai.
(d) That Tel'Aran'Rhiod is not open to her.
5. What is Perrin doing when Mat finds him?
(a) Talking to Morraine.
(b) Packing to leave.
(c) Talking to Rand.
(d) Drinking and gambling with some friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the other letter to Siuan Sanche from Morraine say?
2. Who has gouged out his eyes?
3. Who is captured in the fall of the Stone of Tear?
4. From what is the rope hung?
5. What sa'angreal does Rand use to transport everyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the ter'angreal doorway in Rhuidean differ from the one in Tear?
2. How does Jordan synchronize several of the chapters with the image of the earthquake?
3. What happens to Rand when women channel and how might that foreshadow events in the future?
4. How does Rand "pull" on Perrin and Mat?
5. What two situations is Elaida Sedai investigating and how might that impact Siuan's plans?
6. What symbols that seem to be "attached" to Mat and Perrin seem to suggest their relationship to Rand's purpose?
7. Why do you think the Black Ajah decides to free Taim?
8. What are the prophesies about the Aiel that Rhuarc shares with Rand and how does Rand fulfill them?
9. How does the rift between Faile and Perrin mirror the one with Gaul to Bain and Chiad?
10. What does Rand learn about the history of the Aiel in Rhuidean?
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)