|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what is the rope hung?
(a) A tree branch.
(b) A staff with a half sword attached to one end.
(c) A flagstaff.
(d) A tall fountain.
2. Why does Siuan Sanche have to hold a meeting of all the sisters at the White Tower?
(a) To enlist their help in finding and gentling Rand.
(b) To seek out the escaped Forsaken and return them to their prison.
(c) To vote Siuan Sanche in for another term.
(d) To tell them about Rand.
3. What is Mat's fate?
(a) To kill the Daughter of the Nine Moons.
(b) To marry an Aiel Maiden of the Shield.
(c) To marry the Daughter of the Nine Moons.
(d) To kill his best friend.
4. What does Morraine promise to tell Thom if he goes to Tanchico?
(a) Who gentled his nephew Owyn.
(b) Why Rand is the Dragon Reborn.
(c) How to regain his former position at Caemlyn.
(d) Who Morgase is in love with.
5. Who decides to go to Tanchico?
(a) Nynaeve and Lan.
(b) Egwene and Perrin.
(c) Nynaeve and Elayne.
(d) Thom and Egwene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rand encounter in Rhiudean?
2. What does Egwene tell Mat?
3. Why are there no wolves around Emond's Field?
4. What does Morraine do for Rand?
5. If Mat does not go to Rhuidean, what will happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Rand when women channel and how might that foreshadow events in the future?
2. What does Moiraine think should be Rand's next step after taking over the Stone of Tear and what is Rand's response?
3. How do Perrin and Loial differ in their opinion about what to do to the key to the Manethren Waygate?
4. What does Elayne learn about the Windfinders and how do they instruct Elayne?
5. How is Rand learning to use the One Power?
6. What two situations is Elaida Sedai investigating and how might that impact Siuan's plans?
7. How does Rand respond when he sees a young girl who has been killed in the fighting at the Stone of Tear?
8. What symbols that seem to be "attached" to Mat and Perrin seem to suggest their relationship to Rand's purpose?
9. How does the ter'angreal doorway in Rhuidean differ from the one in Tear?
10. What are the prophesies about the Aiel that Rhuarc shares with Rand and how does Rand fulfill them?
This section contains 1,343 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)