|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Federico give Daniel?
(a) His father's watch.
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) Fermín's missal.
(d) Bea's necklace.
2. Who pays for the publishing of Julián's books?
(b) Miquel Moliner.
(c) Nuria Monfort.
3. Who saves Daniel from being hit by a bus?
4. Who had last come to see Jacinta?
(a) Father Fernando.
5. What does Daniel's father bring him in the hospital?
(a) The Shadow of the Wind.
(b) A letter from Bea.
(c) His Victor Hugo pen.
6. What does Bea's father give Daniel?
(a) A book.
(b) A beating.
(c) A watch.
(d) A gold tiepin.
7. Who does Daniel think murdered Julián?
(b) Penélope Aldaya
(c) Miquel Moliner.
(d) Jorge Aldaya.
8. What do Bea and Daniel do at the beginning of "The Waters of March"?
(a) Break up.
(b) Leave Barcelona.
(c) Get married.
(d) Have a baby.
9. What surprises Daniel about Julián's story?
(a) Its differences from his own.
(b) The lack of details.
(c) Its similarities to his own.
(d) The complexity of the story.
10. Why do Bea's classmates tell Daniel she was not in school?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She dropped out.
(c) She left the country.
(d) She married her fiancé.
11. Who is Daniel speaking about when he says, "I knew that one day she would return to me, in months or years to come, that I would always relive her memory in the touch of a stranger, in the recollection of images that no longer belonged to me"?
12. Who kills Jorge Aldaya?
13. Who does Daniel discover in his bed when he returns home?
(c) His father.
14. What does Fermín disguise himself as?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A priest.
(c) A book seller.
(d) A homeless man.
15. Where does Daniel find Bea?
(a) The Angel of Mist.
(b) The bookshop.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Daniel and Bea discover after their meeting is interrupted?
2. Who says, "Making money isn't hard in itself...What's hard is to earn it doing something worth devoting one's life to"?
3. Who does Gustavo suggest Daniel visit while they are waiting for the doctor to treat Fermín?
4. Who scares Daniel out of his and Bea's meeting place?
5. From whom does Julián discover Daniel has a copy of The Shadow of the Wind?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)