|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the building Robert goes to in Grand City?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A tavern.
2. What does Robert say about his ear?
(a) It talks to him at night.
(b) It is fine.
(c) It hurts him immensely.
(d) It bleeds all the time.
3. What does Robert tell Karl about his fortunes?
(a) He has some money, but not much.
(b) He is now wealthy.
(c) He wish he was dead.
(d) He is poor.
4. What did the building in Grand City used to be?
(a) A vegetable market.
(b) A wagoneer owned it.
(c) A hotel and a bank.
(d) A potato cellar and a jail.
5. What does Robert do about Mario?
(a) Leaves him at a hospital.
(b) Takes him to Mario's sister's house.
(c) Keeps him in a church mission.
(d) Stays and nurses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert look different than when he left home?
2. How did Robert get to Grand City?
3. What are Robert and Arvid told about the road to California when they arrive in St. Louis?
4. How is Robert dressed when Karl sees him?
5. What does Karl tell Kristina he will not do?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)