|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Robert and Arvid doing when they meet Mario?
(a) Sleeping on the streets of the city.
(b) Seeking a train heading west.
(c) Working on the river boats.
(d) Working in a tavern.
2. What does Kristina think about the money?
(a) They can use it to return to Sweden.
(b) Karl should give it back to Robert.
(c) It should be burned.
(d) How much it could help the family.
3. What does Robert do with Kristina when Karl goes to Stillwater?
(a) Helps her weed the garden.
(b) Helps her repair a window.
(c) Reads the newspaper to her.
(d) Plays with her and the children.
4. What has Kristina ordered the children to do?
(a) Stay away from the lake.
(b) Get the laundry hung out.
(c) Follow Robert.
(d) Pull the weeds in the vegetable garden.
5. What is Robert able to do in St. Louis that Arvid cannot?
(a) Find a girlfriend.
(b) Find a job.
(c) Con a boarding house mistress into letting them stay for free.
(d) Communicate in English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kristina think about Robert's condition?
2. What did Robert's ear begin to do in St. Louis?
3. What did the bank in Stillwater tell Karl about Robert's money?
4. What was the building Robert goes to in Grand City?
5. What surprises Robert when he wakes while soaking his feet?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)