|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of things would Karl like to use the cash to buy?
(a) A new house.
(b) Clothes for the family.
(c) Oxen and farm implements.
(d) A trip back to Sweden.
2. How does Arvid die?
(a) Drinking poison water.
(b) A mule kicked him in the head.
(c) He fell from a cliff.
(d) Sun exposure.
3. What does Robert say is the only way to achieve peace?
(a) To not want anything.
(b) Acceptance of all that happens.
(c) To fight no matter what the odds are.
(d) To ignore everything.
4. How does Karl feel when he sees Robert?
(b) Relieved he is home.
5. What does Robert do when he leaves the house after he and Karl fight?
(a) Goes and plays with the children.
(b) Goes hunting.
(c) Goes to talk.
(d) Takes a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert tell Kristina about death?
2. What does Robert say when Karl asks him about Arvid's watch?
3. Where is Karl when Robert walks up to him when Robert first comes home?
4. Why was Karl late returning from Stillwater?
5. How do Robert and Arvid survive the winter?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)