|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Robert when he wakes while soaking his feet?
(a) Kristina has found him.
(b) A storm is moving into the area.
(c) Karl is siting next to him.
(d) He no longer hears the buzzing of his bad ear.
2. Why does Robert look different than when he left home?
(a) He is bald.
(b) He has aged drastically.
(c) He is missing a leg.
(d) He is shorter.
3. What does Arvid tell Robert about Minnesota one night?
(a) It is warmer in St. Louis than Minnesota.
(b) He is worried about his wife and child left there.
(c) He wants to return there.
(d) He never wants to go back.
4. Why was Karl late returning from Stillwater?
(a) He was ill.
(b) He had trouble with the ox cart.
(c) He ran into some friends from Sweden.
(d) He had to wait for the bank to check on his question about the money.
5. What did Robert's ear begin to do in St. Louis?
(b) Leaking a foul-smelling fluid.
(c) Talking to him.
(d) Being swollen and painful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they hire on to help with in Mario's train?
2. What does Karl think about when he looks at the cash from Robert?
3. What does Kristina think about Robert's condition?
4. Why does Robert throw two bundles of money at Karl?
5. Why does Robert leave Grand City?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)