|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kristina wonder about the Swedes who continue to settle the land around them?
(a) Why they have so many children.
(b) Why they want to be farmers.
(c) Why they travel to that remote area to settle.
(d) Why they do not build a church.
2. What does the person in question #54 do about being homesick?
(a) Works hard to save enough money to return.
(b) Talks incessantly about the homeland.
(c) Writes letters home every week.
(d) Drink too much alcohol.
3. Who is Petrus Olausson?
(a) Another man who is cutting wood.
(b) The town mayor.
(c) Karl's uncle.
(d) Karl's brother-in-law.
4. What does Kristina worry about concerning Karl?
(a) That he is in conflict with Petrus.
(b) That he is overworking.
(c) That his new hero status will go to his head.
(d) That he is losing weight.
5. Why does Kristina like Erland Torner?
(a) He gives a kinder interpretation to the scriptures.
(b) He laughs a lot.
(c) He likes children.
(d) He is tolerant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ulrika's husband do?
2. Who moved to America with Karl and his family?
3. When does Kristina think Robert will return to their farm?
4. Who arrives in the middle of the night?
5. What does Lydia ask about in her letter to Karl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robert get money from Mario and what does he do immediately after Mario's death?
2. What gift from Ulrika does Kristina dislike and why? What does Karl say about it?
3. What happens to the story of Karl and Johan, how does Kristina feel about it and what does Karl do about the ox?
4. What does Robert tell Kristina about death and predestination?
5. What happens when Kristina asks Erland to provide sacrament for her family?
6. What does Karl write in his letter to his parents?
7. How do Robert and Arvid set off for California from St. Louis?
8. For what is Jonas famous and what does he tell Karl?
9. What does Ulrika plan to do to present her baby when it is born?
10. Why does Karl take out the money Robert gave him and what does he think when he is looking at it?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)