|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Kristina give birth to her girl?
2. What does Petrus admonish Karl and Kristina about as he is leaving?
(a) To not forget their spiritual needs.
(b) To watch the depth of the ditch.
(c) To try to get Robert back home.
(d) To remember about the corn.
3. What does Karl say about their food supply?
(a) They usually have a surfeit to sell at market.
(b) The sometimes are short, but not too often.
(c) They have sufficient food to feed their family.
(d) They are always short and the children are often hungry.
4. Whose scriptural interpretations does Kristina sometimes question?
5. What gift does Ulrika give Kristina?
(a) A smoked ham.
(b) A chicken with chicks.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kristina cooking for dinner?
2. What does Karl buy from the lumber company?
3. What does Karl do in the newspaper?
4. Why was Petrus punished in Sweden?
5. About what does Petrus start talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kristina go to Robert's room in Chapter 18?
2. What did Karl's sister Lydia ask in her letter, what is Karl's fear and what is Kristina's response to his fear?
3. What happens when Kristina asks Erland to provide sacrament for her family?
4. What does Ulrika plan to do to present her baby when it is born?
5. Who arrives in Center City to open a general store and how does it go for him? How do the women feel about him?
6. How does Robert show up at home?
7. What does Robert tell Kristina about death and predestination?
8. Why is someone pounding at Kristina and Karl's door in the night and who is it?
9. Why does Karl get an ox and how does he get one?
10. What does Kristina's best friend give her and what does she tell her to do with it on the way home?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)