|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What depresses Kristina?
(a) That her garden did poorly this year.
(b) That her youngest child is ill.
(c) That she is pregnant again.
(d) That she has only two dresses.
2. What does Petrus call foolish?
(a) Robert's quest.
(b) Trying to grow fruit trees.
(c) Hans' quest.
(d) Growing wheat in that soil.
3. What does Ulrika's husband do?
(a) A Episcopal priest.
(b) A druggist.
(c) A Baptist minister.
(d) A lawyer.
4. Whose scriptural interpretations does Kristina sometimes question?
5. What does Thomassen ask of Kristina?
(a) That she cook a Swedish dish for him.
(b) That she sew his torn work clothes.
(c) That she come to visit him sometime.
(d) That she have an affair with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Karl's house located?
2. With whom does Kristina know she will not be close friends?
3. Where does Ulrika Jackson live?
4. Why is Karl irked?
5. What has Karl built for the second time for his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ulrika feel about having a baby girl?
2. What does Karl tell Robert about the money and what is Robert's response?
3. How does Karl react when Robert responds to Karl's accusations and what does Robert do in response?
4. Why is Kristina better able to take care of her family?
5. What does Karl get Kristina for Christmas, where did he find it and how did he get it set up on Christmas morning?
6. How does Kristina feel about getting pregnant again, why does she feel that way and how does God enter into the picture?
7. How did Robert get out of the desert and where do he and Mario go after the desert incident? What happens to Mario there?
8. Why does Karl get an ox and how does he get one?
9. How do Robert and Arvid get trapped in the desert?
10. Who does Karl meet in the forest and what does he do after he meets the man?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)