|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Karl irked?
(a) Having Petrus comment on every aspect of their lives.
(b) That Petrus calls his best friend a fool.
(c) That Petrus asks about their family plans.
(d) That Petrus calls his brother a fool.
2. What does Thomassen ask of Kristina?
(a) That she have an affair with him.
(b) That she come to visit him sometime.
(c) That she cook a Swedish dish for him.
(d) That she sew his torn work clothes.
3. What does Karl Nilson hear as he is working in the forest?
(a) A wolf howling.
(b) A strange bird call.
(c) The sound of another axe in the forest.
(d) A wild boar grunting.
4. What does Petrus tell Kristina about Ulrika?
(a) That she is wrong to be friends with Ulrika.
(b) That Ulrika should live on a farm in their community.
(c) That Ulrika is returning to Sweden.
(d) That Ulrika is very nice.
5. What has Karl built for the second time for his family?
(a) A set of stairs.
(b) A new barn.
(c) A new carriage.
(d) A new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kristina cooking for dinner?
2. With whom did Ulrika travel to America?
3. To whom does Karl write a letter at the end of Chapter 11?
4. Who decided to try to make a fortune on gold in California?
5. What does Kristina notice when Karl is leaving for Taylor Falls?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what is Jonas famous and what does he tell Karl?
2. What happens with Johan and why when a storm hits when Karl and Johan are on the road?
3. What does Robert do when the two brothers argue about Robert, saying he is wealthy now?
4. What does Ulrika plan to do to present her baby when it is born?
5. What does Karl tell Petrus about Karl's brother, Robert?
6. What does Kristina ask her uncle, Danjel, about, what is his response and what does she do about his response?
7. Who arrives in Center City to open a general store and how does it go for him? How do the women feel about him?
8. Why does Karl get an ox and how does he get one?
9. What does Karl want to do about the money and what is Kristina's opinion?
10. When did Karl get back from Stillwater in Wildcat Riches and what does he tell Kristina when he gets home?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)