|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert say to Karl after their fight?
(a) He thinks Karl is greedy.
(b) He's sorry to upset Kristina.
(c) He can't stay there.
(d) He has no where to go.
2. What does Robert think while he is soaking his feet?
(a) Kristina hates him.
(b) He was ripped off in Grand City.
(c) He wishes he'd never left Sweden.
(d) He is back in Sweden.
3. What does Robert do about Mario?
(a) Leaves him at a hospital.
(b) Takes him to Mario's sister's house.
(c) Stays and nurses him.
(d) Keeps him in a church mission.
4. What does Robert do when he leaves the house after he and Karl fight?
(a) Goes to talk.
(b) Goes and plays with the children.
(c) Goes hunting.
(d) Takes a walk.
5. Where does Karl go when he leaves the house?
(a) To the north field.
(b) Into town.
(c) To find Johan.
(d) To work on the school house.
6. What does Robert ask Karl?
(a) That Karl leave him in peace.
(b) That Karl buy Kristina something nice.
(c) That Karl help him return to Sweden.
(d) That Karl bury him in the new cemetery.
7. What was the building Robert goes to in Grand City?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A hotel.
8. Where do Mario and Robert go from the desert?
(b) St. Joseph.
(d) Back to St. Louis.
9. Why does Kristina ask Robert if his ear is bothering him?
(a) She thinks he is almost deaf.
(b) She does not ask him that, it would invaade his privacy.
(c) She can smell it when he gets near.
(d) She saw blood on his pillow.
10. What did the building in Grand City used to be?
(a) A hotel and a bank.
(b) A vegetable market.
(c) A potato cellar and a jail.
(d) A wagoneer owned it.
11. How did Arvid and Robert pay for their steamship passage?
(a) Working in the broiler room.
(b) Washing dishes and helping in the kitchen.
(c) Working as cabin stewards.
(d) Working as deck hands.
12. What does Robert's face look like?
(a) The same as when he left.
(b) It has really bad burn scars on it.
(c) Clean shaven and handsome.
(d) Sunken and scabby.
13. Why does Robert look different than when he left home?
(a) He is missing a leg.
(b) He is bald.
(c) He is shorter.
(d) He has aged drastically.
14. What does Robert say is the only way to achieve peace?
(a) To fight no matter what the odds are.
(b) Acceptance of all that happens.
(c) To ignore everything.
(d) To not want anything.
15. How is Robert dressed when Karl sees him?
(a) Normal for him.
(c) Very well.
(d) He has a cavalry uniform on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do with Kristina when Karl goes to Stillwater?
2. What does Robert tell Kristina about his life?
3. What does Robert tell Kristina about death?
4. Why does Robert leave the house?
5. What did Robert's ear begin to do in St. Louis?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)