|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert do with Kristina when Karl goes to Stillwater?
(a) Helps her weed the garden.
(b) Helps her repair a window.
(c) Reads the newspaper to her.
(d) Plays with her and the children.
2. What does Robert think while he is soaking his feet?
(a) He was ripped off in Grand City.
(b) He wishes he'd never left Sweden.
(c) Kristina hates him.
(d) He is back in Sweden.
3. Where do Mario and Robert go from the desert?
(a) St. Joseph.
(b) Back to St. Louis.
4. How did Robert get out of the desert?
(a) Another mule train came along.
(b) Mario found him.
(c) He just walked until he found the camp.
(d) Some Apaches found him.
5. What do Robert and Arvid realize when morning comes?
(a) The mules have returned.
(b) Mario has been looking for them.
(c) They are lost.
(d) The mules are dead by the water.
6. What does Karl believe about Robert and the money?
(a) That Robert stole the money.
(b) That Robert doesn't know anything about the money.
(c) That Robert lied to him.
(d) That Robert was playing a joke.
7. What are Robert and Arvid told about the road to California when they arrive in St. Louis?
(a) It is a fairly easy trip.
(b) It has been blocked off by a landslide.
(c) It is too close to winter to go.
(d) It is a very dangerous road due to bandits.
8. What does Robert hint about his wealth?
(a) Arvid is taking care of their investments.
(b) He is willing to share with Karl.
(c) He is a millionaire.
(d) He has more in a bank account.
9. How does Robert feel when he gets back to Mario's camp?
(a) Very lucky.
(c) Enthusiastic about going to California.
(d) Empty, with no desire for life.
10. How is Robert dressed when Karl sees him?
(a) Normal for him.
(b) Very well.
(c) He has a cavalry uniform on.
11. What does Kristina discover under Robert's pillow?
(a) Robert's diary.
(b) Arvid's watch.
(c) A wanted poster with Robert's name on it.
(d) A stack of gold coins.
12. What was Robert's real reason for leaving Minnesota?
(a) To escape all masters.
(b) To get away from Kristina.
(c) To be a hero.
(d) To hurt his brother.
13. What does Kristina immediately ask Robert?
(a) If he is hungry.
(b) What happened to leg.
(c) If Arvid has come also.
(d) What happened to his face.
14. What does Kristina hear while she is working?
(a) Someone knocking on the door.
(b) Robert and Karl fighting.
(c) The children screaming.
(d) The dog barking.
15. How do Robert and Arvid survive the winter?
(a) They spend most of the winter in jail.
(b) Working for the city.
(c) Living with Robert's girlfriend.
(d) Working on a farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert's ear begin to do in St. Louis?
2. What does Robert do when he leaves the house after he and Karl fight?
3. What does Robert do after Arvid dies?
4. How does Karl feel when he sees Robert?
5. Why does Robert leave Grand City?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)