|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kristina sometimes feel disappointed about when she wakes in the morning?
(a) She is not able to cook the big breakfasts like they had in the old country.
(b) She has to get up and start the day.
(c) She is not pregnant.
(d) She is in America.
2. What does Karl discover about the turnips that he goes to get?
(a) They are rotten.
(b) They are gone.
(c) They are fine.
(d) They have sprouted.
3. When does Kristina think Robert will return to their farm?
(a) When he is completely destitute.
(b) When he is married.
(c) When he has made his fortune.
(d) When his first child arrives.
4. What does Thomassen ask of Kristina?
(a) That she come to visit him sometime.
(b) That she have an affair with him.
(c) That she sew his torn work clothes.
(d) That she cook a Swedish dish for him.
5. About what does Petrus start talking?
(a) About the crops he is planting at home.
(b) About the death of his only child to diphtheria.
(c) That Petrus' wife is expecting their first child.
(d) That Karl should have buried the turnips in a shallower ditch.
6. Why does Karl write the letter in question #70?
(a) He does it every year.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He wants some answers.
(d) He is angry.
7. When does Kristina give birth to her girl?
8. What does Ulrika think when she has a daughter?
(a) That God gave her a girl because she has sinned.
(b) That a girl child is easier than a boy.
(c) That she will look just like her.
(d) That Henry will be pleased.
9. What does Karl buy from the lumber company?
(a) An ox.
(b) A horse.
(c) A mule.
(d) A two-man saw.
10. What is Kristina cooking for dinner?
(a) Lentil stew.
(b) Fish soup.
(c) Bean soup.
(d) Meat stew.
11. With whom did Ulrika travel to America?
(a) Her brother.
(c) She traveled alone.
(d) Her father.
12. Where does Ulrika Jackson live?
(c) Kansas City.
13. Why does Kristina like Erland Torner?
(a) He laughs a lot.
(b) He gives a kinder interpretation to the scriptures.
(c) He is tolerant.
(d) He likes children.
14. What does Karl do in the newspaper?
(a) Place an ad trying to find Robert.
(b) Offer his ox for sale.
(c) Write an article about homesteading.
(d) Place an ad about selling his grain.
15. Why is Karl irked?
(a) Having Petrus comment on every aspect of their lives.
(b) That Petrus calls his best friend a fool.
(c) That Petrus asks about their family plans.
(d) That Petrus calls his brother a fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kristina begin cooking?
2. What does the person in question #54 do about being homesick?
3. For what was Danjel Andreasson exiled from Sweden?
4. What does Ulrika tell Kristina she is going to do?
5. When does Petrus get upset when he visits Kristina?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)