|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kristina cry out when she sees Johan?
(a) He has blood all over him.
(b) His eye is bandaged.
(c) He has two black eyes.
(d) His arm is in a splint.
2. What does Petrus say about Indian Corn?
(a) It rots too fast after picked.
(b) It is resilient to bugs.
(c) It's the best variety for this area.
(d) It won't grow in this area.
3. What gift does Ulrika give Kristina?
(a) A purse.
(b) A smoked ham.
(c) A chicken with chicks.
(d) A new dress.
4. What is the name of the Nilsson's farm?
5. Who is Petrus Olausson?
(a) Karl's uncle.
(b) Another man who is cutting wood.
(c) Karl's brother-in-law.
(d) The town mayor.
6. What does Kristina begin cooking?
(a) Fish fillets.
(b) Fried tomatoes.
7. Who moved to America with Karl and his family?
(a) Karl's oldest brother Peter.
(b) Karl's younger brother Robert.
(c) No one.
(d) Kristina's older brother Hans.
8. What depresses Kristina?
(a) That she has only two dresses.
(b) That her youngest child is ill.
(c) That she is pregnant again.
(d) That her garden did poorly this year.
9. Why was Petrus punished in Sweden?
(a) For not paying his taxes.
(b) For his religious beliefs.
(c) For defacing public property.
(d) For stealing food.
10. Who arrives in the middle of the night?
(a) A minister of the Swedish Church.
11. About what does Petrus start talking?
(a) That Karl should have buried the turnips in a shallower ditch.
(b) About the death of his only child to diphtheria.
(c) That Petrus' wife is expecting their first child.
(d) About the crops he is planting at home.
12. What does Petrus tell Kristina about Ulrika?
(a) That Ulrika should live on a farm in their community.
(b) That she is wrong to be friends with Ulrika.
(c) That Ulrika is very nice.
(d) That Ulrika is returning to Sweden.
13. What has Karl built for the second time for his family?
(a) A set of stairs.
(b) A new house.
(c) A new barn.
(d) A new carriage.
14. What does Kristina worry about concerning Karl?
(a) That his new hero status will go to his head.
(b) That he is in conflict with Petrus.
(c) That he is overworking.
(d) That he is losing weight.
15. Who does Kristina talk to who is as homesick as she is?
(a) Nathaniel Guissom.
(b) Anders Mansson.
(c) Paul Nyord.
(d) Stephen Nisslson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in question #54 do about being homesick?
2. What does Karl think he should have done with the turnip ditch?
3. Whose scriptural interpretations does Kristina sometimes question?
4. Why is Johan incoherent?
5. Where does Ulrika Jackson live?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)