|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karl say not longer rejuvenates him?
(a) Taking his wife to bed.
(b) Playing with his children.
(c) A night's sleep.
(d) Eating a large breakfast.
2. What does Kristina sometimes feel disappointed about when she wakes in the morning?
(a) She has to get up and start the day.
(b) She is not pregnant.
(c) She is in America.
(d) She is not able to cook the big breakfasts like they had in the old country.
3. What kind of things would Karl like to use the cash to buy?
(a) Oxen and farm implements.
(b) A trip back to Sweden.
(c) A new house.
(d) Clothes for the family.
4. What does Petrus admonish Karl and Kristina about as he is leaving?
(a) To watch the depth of the ditch.
(b) To not forget their spiritual needs.
(c) To try to get Robert back home.
(d) To remember about the corn.
5. What does Robert hint about his wealth?
(a) Arvid is taking care of their investments.
(b) He is a millionaire.
(c) He is willing to share with Karl.
(d) He has more in a bank account.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Robert get out of the desert?
2. What does Kristina say the mirror does?
3. Who is Judit?
4. Why do members of the community begin to meet in Petrus' barn?
5. What does Robert tell Kristina about his life?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)