|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Karl built for the second time for his family?
(a) A new barn.
(b) A set of stairs.
(c) A new carriage.
(d) A new house.
2. How does Karl feel when he sees Robert?
(c) Relieved he is home.
3. What is Robert able to do in St. Louis that Arvid cannot?
(a) Find a girlfriend.
(b) Con a boarding house mistress into letting them stay for free.
(c) Communicate in English.
(d) Find a job.
4. What quickly spread throughout the region?
(a) That Karl refuses to eat his ox meat.
(b) How the mill is cheating the settlers.
(c) How Karl saves his son's life.
(d) That there is going to be a revival.
5. What does Johan explain?
(a) That Kristina works more easily wearing slacks.
(b) That Dan is a wild child.
(c) That Kristina is mending Dan's pants.
(d) That dinner is going to be late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kristina hear while she is working?
2. Who decided to try to make a fortune on gold in California?
3. Why does Robert leave Grand City?
4. What does Robert's face look like?
5. What is the settlement around Karl and Kristina called when it becomes big enough to be a town?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)