|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people meeting in Petrus' barn set aside a piece of land?
(a) For a community center.
(b) For a cemetery.
(c) For building a church.
(d) For a playground.
2. What does Arvid tell Robert about Minnesota one night?
(a) It is warmer in St. Louis than Minnesota.
(b) He never wants to go back.
(c) He wants to return there.
(d) He is worried about his wife and child left there.
3. What does Ulrika think when she has a daughter?
(a) That Henry will be pleased.
(b) That God gave her a girl because she has sinned.
(c) That a girl child is easier than a boy.
(d) That she will look just like her.
4. What is one of the inventions the newspaper writes about?
(b) Steam powered automobile.
5. What does Robert call the money he gave Karl?
(a) Blood money.
(b) Pocket money.
(c) Death money.
(d) Dirty money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl think he should have done with the turnip ditch?
2. Who is Arvid?
3. Why is Johan incoherent?
4. What does Robert tell Kristina about his life?
5. What does Karl Nilson hear as he is working in the forest?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)