|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do members of the community begin to meet in Petrus' barn?
(a) To vote on issues of the community.
(b) To learn more about farming.
(c) To have dances.
(d) For worship services.
2. What does Karl think would increase his harvest?
(a) An ox to pull the plow.
(b) A better way to fertilize.
(c) Better seeds.
3. What does Petrus say about Indian Corn?
(a) It rots too fast after picked.
(b) It is resilient to bugs.
(c) It won't grow in this area.
(d) It's the best variety for this area.
4. What is the name of the Nilsson's farm?
5. What does Karl Nilson hear as he is working in the forest?
(a) A wolf howling.
(b) A wild boar grunting.
(c) A strange bird call.
(d) The sound of another axe in the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do after Arvid dies?
2. About what is Petrus embarrassed when he goes home with Karl?
3. How do Robert and Arvid survive the winter?
4. How did Robert get out of the desert?
5. When does Kristina think Robert will return to their farm?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)