|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ulrika tell Kristina about an American husband?
(a) He would not help her with woman's work.
(b) He would do some of her chores.
(c) An American husband would make more money.
(d) An American husband would have to go to the army.
2. When does Kristina think Robert will return to their farm?
(a) When his first child arrives.
(b) When he has made his fortune.
(c) When he is completely destitute.
(d) When he is married.
3. What has Karl built for the second time for his family?
(a) A set of stairs.
(b) A new carriage.
(c) A new house.
(d) A new barn.
4. Why does Kristina cry out when she sees Johan?
(a) He has two black eyes.
(b) He has blood all over him.
(c) His arm is in a splint.
(d) His eye is bandaged.
5. What does Kristina notice when Karl is leaving for Taylor Falls?
(a) The red sun.
(b) The horse is limping slightly.
(c) Her son is flushed.
(d) Karl is limping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johan explain?
2. What does Kristina begin cooking?
3. What does Karl do in the newspaper?
4. What does Lydia ask about in her letter to Karl?
5. What has Karl planted for use in the future for clothing?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)