|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karl think he should have done with the turnip ditch?
(a) Dug it deeper.
(b) Provided ventilation.
(c) Dug it in the eastern side of the field.
(d) Dug several layers.
2. What does Petrus tell Kristina about Ulrika?
(a) That Ulrika is returning to Sweden.
(b) That she is wrong to be friends with Ulrika.
(c) That Ulrika should live on a farm in their community.
(d) That Ulrika is very nice.
3. About what does Petrus start talking?
(a) That Petrus' wife is expecting their first child.
(b) That Karl should have buried the turnips in a shallower ditch.
(c) About the death of his only child to diphtheria.
(d) About the crops he is planting at home.
4. What does Kristina think about her and Karl's spiritual life?
(a) She doesn't think about their spiritual life.
(b) They have been slack.
(c) They are easy going but the children know about God.
(d) They are very strict.
5. Why do the people meeting in Petrus' barn set aside a piece of land?
(a) For a community center.
(b) For a cemetery.
(c) For building a church.
(d) For a playground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kristina notice when Karl is leaving for Taylor Falls?
2. Where does Ulrika Jackson live?
3. What has Karl planted for use in the future for clothing?
4. Why is Karl going to Taylor Falls?
5. What gift does Ulrika give Kristina?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)