|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kristina begin cooking?
(a) Fish fillets.
(b) Fried tomatoes.
2. What does Kristina notice when Karl is leaving for Taylor Falls?
(a) The red sun.
(b) Her son is flushed.
(c) Karl is limping.
(d) The horse is limping slightly.
3. What does Kristina wonder about the Swedes who continue to settle the land around them?
(a) Why they travel to that remote area to settle.
(b) Why they have so many children.
(c) Why they want to be farmers.
(d) Why they do not build a church.
4. What does Karl think he should have done with the turnip ditch?
(a) Provided ventilation.
(b) Dug several layers.
(c) Dug it deeper.
(d) Dug it in the eastern side of the field.
5. What does Kristina worry about concerning Karl?
(a) That his new hero status will go to his head.
(b) That he is overworking.
(c) That he is losing weight.
(d) That he is in conflict with Petrus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the inventions the newspaper writes about?
2. What does Lydia ask about in her letter to Karl?
3. About what is Petrus embarrassed when he goes home with Karl?
4. What does Petrus call foolish?
5. What does Petrus admonish Karl and Kristina about as he is leaving?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)