|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karl say about their food supply?
(a) The sometimes are short, but not too often.
(b) They are always short and the children are often hungry.
(c) They usually have a surfeit to sell at market.
(d) They have sufficient food to feed their family.
2. What does Karl think he should have done with the turnip ditch?
(a) Dug several layers.
(b) Provided ventilation.
(c) Dug it deeper.
(d) Dug it in the eastern side of the field.
3. Who moved to America with Karl and his family?
(a) Kristina's older brother Hans.
(b) Karl's younger brother Robert.
(c) No one.
(d) Karl's oldest brother Peter.
4. What does Petrus admonish Karl and Kristina about as he is leaving?
(a) To try to get Robert back home.
(b) To not forget their spiritual needs.
(c) To remember about the corn.
(d) To watch the depth of the ditch.
5. Who decided to try to make a fortune on gold in California?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Petrus call foolish?
2. What does Karl discover about the turnips that he goes to get?
3. What is the name of the Nilsson's farm?
4. What does Kristina begin cooking?
5. What does Ulrika's husband do?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)