|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ulrika's husband do?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A druggist.
(c) A Baptist minister.
(d) A Episcopal priest.
2. About what does Petrus start talking?
(a) About the death of his only child to diphtheria.
(b) That Karl should have buried the turnips in a shallower ditch.
(c) That Petrus' wife is expecting their first child.
(d) About the crops he is planting at home.
3. Who moved to America with Karl and his family?
(a) No one.
(b) Karl's younger brother Robert.
(c) Kristina's older brother Hans.
(d) Karl's oldest brother Peter.
4. Whose scriptural interpretations does Kristina sometimes question?
5. About what is Kristina self conscious?
(a) Her shoes are so worn.
(b) Her homemade dress.
(c) Her hair is coming loose from its bun.
(d) Speaking English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kristina begin cooking?
2. Who decided to try to make a fortune on gold in California?
3. What does Karl discover about the turnips that he goes to get?
4. What does Kristina think about her and Karl's spiritual life?
5. What does Karl say about their food supply?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)