|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Petrus Olausson?
(a) Karl's brother-in-law.
(b) Another man who is cutting wood.
(c) Karl's uncle.
(d) The town mayor.
2. Where does Ulrika Jackson live?
(a) Kansas City.
3. What does Petrus call foolish?
(a) Trying to grow fruit trees.
(b) Growing wheat in that soil.
(c) Hans' quest.
(d) Robert's quest.
4. What does Kristina sometimes feel disappointed about when she wakes in the morning?
(a) She has to get up and start the day.
(b) She is not able to cook the big breakfasts like they had in the old country.
(c) She is in America.
(d) She is not pregnant.
5. What does Petrus do before eating?
(a) Washes up.
(c) Offers to let one of the children sit on his lap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Petrus say about Indian Corn?
2. Who is Judit?
3. What does Petrus admonish Karl and Kristina about as he is leaving?
4. Who is Arvid?
5. What does Kristina begin cooking?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)