|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened in Sweden in 1858 that is important in Sweden?
(a) It has formed an alliance with Norwary and Denmark.
(b) Russia has invaded Sweden.
(c) It has worked its way into a booming economy.
(d) The king of Sweden has died.
2. Who moved to America with Karl and his family?
(a) Kristina's older brother Hans.
(b) No one.
(c) Karl's younger brother Robert.
(d) Karl's oldest brother Peter.
3. What does Robert do about Mario?
(a) Stays and nurses him.
(b) Takes him to Mario's sister's house.
(c) Keeps him in a church mission.
(d) Leaves him at a hospital.
4. What does Johan explain?
(a) That dinner is going to be late.
(b) That Kristina is mending Dan's pants.
(c) That Kristina works more easily wearing slacks.
(d) That Dan is a wild child.
5. What does Robert decide to do when two mules have escaped?
(a) Go after them.
(b) Tell Mario.
(c) Go back to sleep.
(d) Send Arvid after them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert throw two bundles of money at Karl?
2. What kind of things would Karl like to use the cash to buy?
3. What does Kristina sometimes feel disappointed about when she wakes in the morning?
4. What is the settlement around Karl and Kristina called when it becomes big enough to be a town?
5. Why does Kristina ask Robert if his ear is bothering him?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)