|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in question #54 do about being homesick?
(a) Writes letters home every week.
(b) Drink too much alcohol.
(c) Works hard to save enough money to return.
(d) Talks incessantly about the homeland.
2. What does Kristina tell Karl she can't do after she has the dream?
(a) Get pregnant.
(b) Love all her children.
(c) Go to bed with Karl.
(d) Go to church for the next service.
3. What does Lydia ask about in her letter to Karl?
(a) What to do with their elderly parents.
(b) If she can join him in America.
(c) Their brother Robert.
(d) His children.
4. When does Kristina give birth to her girl?
5. To whom does Karl write a letter at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) The U.S. government.
(d) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decided to try to make a fortune on gold in California?
2. What does Karl think about when he looks at the cash from Robert?
3. How does Karl feel about Abraham Lincoln?
4. What kind of crisis sweeps the country in 1857?
5. Why do women seek out Persson?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)