|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Karl have Johan run alongside the wagon?
(a) As punishment for disobeying Karl.
(b) He doesn't allow Johan to run alongside the wagon.
(c) To warm up.
(d) To get exercise.
2. What does Karl do in the newspaper?
(a) Place an ad about selling his grain.
(b) Write an article about homesteading.
(c) Place an ad trying to find Robert.
(d) Offer his ox for sale.
3. What does Karl think he should have done with the turnip ditch?
(a) Dug it in the eastern side of the field.
(b) Dug it deeper.
(c) Provided ventilation.
(d) Dug several layers.
4. What does Petrus tell Kristina about Ulrika?
(a) That Ulrika is very nice.
(b) That Ulrika should live on a farm in their community.
(c) That Ulrika is returning to Sweden.
(d) That she is wrong to be friends with Ulrika.
5. Who is Judit?
(a) Petrus' wife.
(b) Ulrika's oldest daughter.
(c) Petrus's oldest daughter.
(d) Kristina's youngest sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ulrika's husband do?
2. What does Karl say in the letter about Christmas?
3. What does Ulrika tell Kristina she is going to do?
4. What is one of the inventions the newspaper writes about?
5. Where does Ulrika Jackson live?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)