|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ulrika think when she has a daughter?
(a) That a girl child is easier than a boy.
(b) That she will look just like her.
(c) That Henry will be pleased.
(d) That God gave her a girl because she has sinned.
2. How did Robert get to Grand City?
(a) He went with Johan Lasslasson.
(b) He joined another mule train.
(c) He took a locomotive.
(d) He went with Fredrik Mattsson.
3. What does Robert give the children?
(a) Small presents.
4. Why does Robert leave the house?
(a) He doesn't want to talk about Arvid.
(b) He is overcome by a coughing spell.
(c) Kristina comes into the room.
(d) He hears the children screaming.
5. How did Arvid and Robert pay for their steamship passage?
(a) Working as deck hands.
(b) Washing dishes and helping in the kitchen.
(c) Working as cabin stewards.
(d) Working in the broiler room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Robert and Arvid survive the winter?
2. What bothers Karl the most about what Robert hasn't said?
3. What stops Karl on his way to Danjel's house?
4. What does Robert say when Karl asks him about Arvid's watch?
5. What surprises Robert when he wakes while soaking his feet?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)