|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Veronica's two middle names?
(a) Mary Elizabeth.
(b) Sarah Michelle.
(c) Mary Anderson.
(d) Anne Elizabeth.
2. For how long did Veronica's mother say they had lived in their current home when the narrator asked during his visit in Chapter 1?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. Where does the narrator describe walking along and looking at shops with Veronica and his friends in London in Chapter 1?
(a) Laxon Street.
(b) Oxford Street.
(c) Kent Street.
(d) Overford Street.
4. Which of his friends does the narrator describe as denouncing his family in Chapter 1?
5. During what decade did the narrator attend college?
(a) The 1960s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1980s.
(d) The 1970s.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does the narrator describe Adrian as having in Chapter 1?
2. How much older is Veronica than the narrator?
3. How does the narrator describe Old Joe Hunt in Chapter 1?
4. How did Alex say Adrian appeared the last time he saw him when he met with the narrator to discuss Adrian's suicide?
5. From what material does the narrator describe Veronica's parents home constructed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Old Joe Hunt and what role does he play in the narrative?
2. How is the narrative related in The Sense of an Ending? From whose perspective is the story told? Why?
3. How is the intimacy between the protagonist and Veronica described during their courtship and after?
4. What does the letter from Adrian say regarding Veronica in Chapter 1?
5. How does the narrator describe the meeting with his friends one year after Adrian's suicide?
6. What exchange takes place between the protagonist and Mrs. Ford when they are alone during breakfast when he visits?
7. How is Veronica described when the narrator first meets her?
8. Who informs the protagonist of Adrian's death? How has Adrian died?
9. Why does the protagonist feel that Veronica may be partly to blame for Adrian's suicide?
10. What led to the protagonist's divorce?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)