|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the postscript of Mrs. Ford's letter to the narrator, she says, "It may sound odd, but I think the last months of [Adrian's] life were" what (124)?
(c) "A struggle."
2. What does the narrator wish Veronica had done with the letter he reads from the envelope she has given him in Chapter 2?
(a) Given it to Mrs. Ford.
(b) Burned it.
(c) Given it to Adrian.
(d) Kept it.
3. What did Veronica's mother take up after the death of her husband?
4. What does the narrator say he does not like in Chapter 2?
5. Who has the second document left to the narrator by Mrs. Ford, according to Mrs. Marriott in Chapter 2?
6. Where does the narrator describe going in quest of the Severn Bore in Chapter 2?
(d) The Thames.
7. What does the narrator order for dinner on the second night that he goes to the pub in North London in Chapter 2?
(a) A slice of pizza.
(b) Chargilled hake with chips.
(c) Penne with gorgonzola and walnut sauce.
(d) A burger and french fries.
8. What does the narrator describe Mr. Ford trying to get him to drink after dinner on the weekend he visited in Chapter 2?
9. What kind of ring does the narrator describe Veronica wearing on her wedding finger in Chapter 2?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A red glass ring.
(d) A blue glass ring.
10. What does the narrator say he had been "ever since [he] left school" in Chapter 2 (188)?
11. What word from Chapter 2 refers to resembling a satirical poem that often ends with a turn of thought?
12. On what day of the week does the narrator go to the pub in North London to try to find the man with the badges in Chapter 2?
13. What does the narrator describe Veronica having had a flask of when they went to see Severn Bore in Chapter 2?
(b) Hot chocolate.
14. What is put under the chicken skin in France to make the dish Chicken in Half-Mourning?
(c) Black truffles.
15. What word from Chapter 2 means having a tendency to become liquid?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do in the pub while he drinks and awaits the man with the badges in Chapter 2?
2. What river does the Wobbly Bridge cross?
3. Which of the "two sorts of women" does the narrator assert Margaret to be in Chapter 2 (124)?
4. Where did Veronica's mother move after her husband died?
5. What is the name of the song by the punk rock band led by a friend of the narrator's in Chapter 2?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)