1. What does the narrator describe being tossed into a wet sink, causing it to steam in the opening of Chapter 1?
A hot frying pan.
2. What is the river that runs upstream lit by, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
3. The narrator points out in Chapter 1 that "what you end up remembering isn't always" what (10)?
"The same as what you have witnessed."
4. The narrator questions in Chapter 1 whether there is "anything more plausible than" what (11)?
"A second hand."
5. The narrator suggests in Chapter 1 that "it takes only the smallest pleasure or pain to teach us" what (11)?
6. What set Adrian Finn apart from the other boys, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
He was new to the school.
This section contains 4,449 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)