1. What does the narrator describe being tossed into a wet sink, causing it to steam in the opening of Chapter 1?
2. What is the river that runs upstream lit by, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
3. The narrator points out in Chapter 1 that "what you end up remembering isn't always" what (10)?
4. The narrator questions in Chapter 1 whether there is "anything more plausible than" what (11)?
5. The narrator suggests in Chapter 1 that "it takes only the smallest pleasure or pain to teach us" what (11)?
6. What set Adrian Finn apart from the other boys, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
This section contains 4,449 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)